Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hierophant View Post
    Yes exactly: they're what I would think of as Garden Jeans.

Good luck to your wife and good luck to YOU, up for tenure! That's absolutely huge.

Completely agreed that the adjunct system and its pervasiveness are systematized abuse.
    Thanks. I had been meaning to say earlier that it seems to me that a lot of senior faculty talk a great game about social justice but then act like the most unreconstructed of cut-throat capitalists. And then I saw this article later: http://www.chronicle.com/article/The...ntentgrid_41_2. I'm in social sciences, which aren't quite as bad in job-market terms as the humanities, but this has some truth to it. Including the critique of trying to climb the ladder.

Now, brown tweed and dark rinse slim fitting jeans, I can get behind. Possibly grey jeans instead. But garden jeans, no. [I am also less of a fan of grey tweed than brown, even though my only tweed jacket is grey].

Comment

[MENTION=16809]LordDoubleyou[/MENTION] ... did he ask for the feedback? I agree with all the feedback but if unsolicited it can be extremely tough, even though I find this forum to be of the more helpful among most.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
        [MENTION=16809]LordDoubleyou[/MENTION] ... did he ask for the feedback? I agree with all the feedback but if unsolicited it can be extremely tough, even though I find this forum to be of the more helpful among most.
        Yes, after I have gave him my tactfully delivered feedback, he didn't entirely believe me... So I suggested that we seek other non biased opinions. Which he was happy for me to do... However once the feedback came flooding in, he asked me to take the pic off...
        But we're all good [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X