Vigevano shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vigevano shoes

(Tried to post this yesterday. Apologies if it's a repost.)

I got these shoes from a family friend. They sat in my closet for years before I started wearing them, partly because the soles are worn so thin that walking on any hard surface (like a sidewalk) makes the balls of my feet ache. I've considered getting them resoled, but I don't know if it's worth it because I don't know whether they're high quality. They seem nice, but I don't know how nice. I can't find any brand information on the shoes, except for the name "Vigevano, Italy," which apparently was once a mecca of shoe-making.

Does anybody recognize them? Am I wearing treasures on my feet or cheap knockoffs? Should I cough up the money and resole them?

Appreciate the help.

I personally don't find anything particularly pleasing about the design, so I wouldn't wear them nor categorize them as any sort of "treasure". They look like they could be resoled, but honestly the shape of the last is less than pleasing to the eye, and a captoe blutcher isn't really versatile for me.

Comment

They look... fine? I agree with [MENTION=15502]Spex[/MENTION] about the lack of visual appeal. I doubt they're worth anything, especially in that condition.

Comment

Working...
      X