X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rawfull
    replied
    Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Oh I thought the mushroom color and the dark brown were the same just with different lighting, the nordstrom website only has the 1 suede color for sale hence my confusion
    Yeah last fall they had a "chocolate suede" option which was massively popular and is most likely the one you've seen pictures of. It continued to sell out whenever they had new stock. Really not sure why they changed to the new mushroom color as I much prefer the chocolate.

Leave a comment:

• HankScorpio
    replied
    Originally posted by mattdalton View Post
    [MENTION=14888]HankScorpio[/MENTION] I do not, but will take some tomorrow in the daylight and post them. I have both the mushroom colored and dark brown suede so perhaps I will put them side-by-side to compare if that would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I thought the mushroom color and the dark brown were the same just with different lighting, the nordstrom website only has the 1 suede color for sale hence my confusion

Leave a comment:

• doomx
    replied
    A darker colored chukka is more versatile. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Originally posted by MIS997 View Post
    WTF is versitity?
    Not sure but in my opion it sounds positively titillating.

Leave a comment:

• MIS997
    replied
    WTF is versitity?

Leave a comment:

• mattdalton
    replied
    Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post
    the pictures on the nordstrom website make the suede ones look a dull, light brown but the pictures on the dappered site make them look like a rich, chocolate brown. do you happen to have any photos of yours?
    [MENTION=14888]HankScorpio[/MENTION] I do not, but will take some tomorrow in the daylight and post them. I have both the mushroom colored and dark brown suede so perhaps I will put them side-by-side to compare if that would help.

Leave a comment:

• HankScorpio
    replied
    Originally posted by mattdalton View Post
    My vote would be for the 1901 Barrett, but they are similar so go with the one that fits best.

1901 shoes fit me far better than Cole Haan, but it could be the other way around for you. The 1901 also has a removable insole so it's easy to replace with an aftermarket insert (Sole, Superfeet, etc.) to improve support if needed. I don't know if the Cole Haan insole is easily removed, but being able to use an aftermarket insert is a factor for me.

Full disclosure: I own 2 pairs of the Barrett chukkas so I may be biased:-)

Best of luck whichever you choose!

the pictures on the nordstrom website make the suede ones look a dull, light brown but the pictures on the dappered site make them look like a rich, chocolate brown. do you happen to have any photos of yours?

Leave a comment:

• JamWithSam
    replied
    I have the CH Adam buck in Muir brown (which is on the darker side of the spectrum) and like the fit. The insole is extremely comfortable (I have walked over a mile multiple times in the shoes and my feet felt fine), albeit not removable.

My one caveat regarding the Adam design is its chunkiness. The color is great but the last (from the forepart to the toe) is decidedly clunky leading to the design being very casual. This might be different in the Chukka model but since I don't know, I can't say.

Leave a comment:

• otoba
    replied
    I have last season's dark brown Barret and love it.

I just got the Cole Haan Adam and do not: it is going back. The color is much brighter than expected, the nap of the suede is quite thick, and the contrast stitching around the sole really stands out. Meh.

Leave a comment:

• mattdalton
    replied
    My vote would be for the 1901 Barrett, but they are similar so go with the one that fits best.

1901 shoes fit me far better than Cole Haan, but it could be the other way around for you. The 1901 also has a removable insole so it's easy to replace with an aftermarket insert (Sole, Superfeet, etc.) to improve support if needed. I don't know if the Cole Haan insole is easily removed, but being able to use an aftermarket insert is a factor for me.

Full disclosure: I own 2 pairs of the Barrett chukkas so I may be biased:-)

Best of luck whichever you choose!

Leave a comment:

• Luke Platt
    started a topic Chukka Versitity

Chukka Versitity

NEED OPIONS:

Cole Haan Adam Suede Chukka Boot in brown or 1901 Barrett Chukka Boot in Mushroom Suede

Which is all around more versatile. Looking to buy just 1 chukka.

Thank you
Working...
X