Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How tight are your t-shirts/polos under your armpits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How tight are your t-shirts/polos under your armpits?

I'm vertically challenged (5' 6") but due to outdoor activities + strength training in the gym I have broad shoulders, lats, chest (fluctuates ~39). I generally wear a size (M) medium (regular, non slim-fit) t-shirts/polos. Depending on the brand, sometimes I will size-up to a (L) Large slim-fit and it works out.

I tried on J.Crew factory garment-dyed crewneck, everything fit perfectly except under the armpits. I purchased a Banana Republic Luxe Touche polo, I loved it...except it felt tight under the armpits. It feels like the tightness would increase the chance of me sweating under the pits like an incubator.

Note: By "tight", it isn't so tight that I couldn't grip the steering wheel of my car or hug a person without ripping it.

Is this something that one gets used to or do I have to keep on searching for other brands?

Tight is relative... Can you post some sort of photo?

When I first started wearing well fitting clothes one of my first complaints was that it felt tight under my armpit, but that feeling eventually went away. Feeling the shirt under my armpit, especially when I reached forward, just wasn't something I was used to yet. They really weren't that tight.

That being said, there's absolutely such thing as too small of an armhole, so I'd really need to see a photo to judge if you're just where I was or if your complaints are justfied. For what it's worth I'm 5'10, 170, athletic build, but narrow shoulders.

Comment

My are tight, but I like it that way. I find it more of a problem with over shirts.

Comment

Working...
      X