X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Prime Day 2017 Central Topic

To recap:

2015: Underwhelming, nothing was on sale
    2016: Amazon corrected too far the other way and put anything fulfilled by amazon at 30% off, leading to some ridiculous discounts (I'm thinking mostly of watches)
    2017: Somewhere in the middle with a lot of select item sale

Guess I missed the boat last year when I should have picked up a couple watches I really wanted. Was never going to buy much this year anyway, so not a huge loss for me personally.

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
    To recap:

2015: Underwhelming, nothing was on sale
    2016: Amazon corrected too far the other way and put anything fulfilled by amazon at 30% off, leading to some ridiculous discounts (I'm thinking mostly of watches)
    2017: Somewhere in the middle with a lot of select item sale

Guess I missed the boat last year when I should have picked up a couple watches I really wanted. Was never going to buy much this year anyway, so not a huge loss for me personally.
    I might try one of those GoodThreads shirts. for 18 bucks it's probably worth taking a flyer on one.

Comment

I picked up a fire HD 8 for 50 bucks. Only use will be watching downloaded TV shows on flights or waiting in line at a very popular Austin BBQ joint, maybe a lil web surfing when i'm at home and don't want to fire up my laptop (or risk personal info being stolen off my phone at an airport).
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I just ordered an Invicta 9211. My consolation for not being able to afford a Rolex Daytona. Maybe if I get promoted or retire early I will treat myself to the actual thing

Comment

Looks like some car-related stuff I might want is going up later today. Keeping an eye on that.
          https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I love Amazon - I frequently make purchases from them - but I believe they are becoming the death of retail brick & mortar stores. I'd personally prefer to support the "little guys" or the "hometown, made in the USA" companies, but those products usually cost far more. It is what it is I guess, and online purchasing seems to be the way of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Rpd362 View Post
              I just ordered an Invicta 9211. My consolation for not being able to afford a Rolex Daytona. Maybe if I get promoted or retire early I will treat myself to the actual thing
              Might have to retire a little later to buy to real thing.

Comment

Bought a couple pairs of Adidas Sambas for ~$35/ea for the gym.
                Ben

Comment

So far the only thing I've bought is a $25 gift card to collect on the $5 additional credit (yesterday I did the $100 reload to get the additional $10 credit). I've got both the Redwing Chukkas and the Timex Flyback (both mentioned in Joe's post) in my cart but haven't pulled the trigger. I actually could use a new pair of chukkas, as my CDBs have lived a long a fruitful life but are starting to wear pretty thin. I do not, in any way, need the watch, and haven't bought an analog quartz watch in ages, but I have always liked the way that particular Timex looks.

I honestly need to do some more digging around to see what's out there.

Edit: Just as a side note, I'm constantly blown away by how cheap Amazon Fire tablets are. I mean, I know they aren't competing with an iPad. But still, you can get a fully functional tablet for $30. That's just wild.
                  Last edited by Deke; July 11, 2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I'm so torn... I really want Citizens Chrono, but they also have the Huewai Watch 2 Classic on sale. It's an internal fight between style-conscious me and technophile me.

Comment

So far I'm not really impressed with most of the deals. Considering purchasing a Sous Vide cooker as there are some on discount. I did buy some treats and a couple of new toys for my dog though, so that's something.

Comment

Not having much luck. Got some Adidas shirts I already had in my cart for 30% off, but so that's really it. The Sambas are still $65 in my size. Maybe I missed it?

Was going to try a Good Threads OCBD cause it's $15 and casual, but the one color I actually wanted (Indigo) sold out in my size (slim L) while it was in my cart. Joe's image of the dress shirt doesn't look very flattering.

Maybe it's me, but his picks seems pretty weak (or maybe it's just a weak sale). Over priced plastic looking Florsheims and $300 for Bruno Magli?

Also, if you're looking at the Original Penguin swimsuits, they are <$30 on their website with 4% ebates: https://www.originalpenguin.com/sale...olor=434&cgid= and https://www.originalpenguin.com/sale...olor=643&cgid=

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                          I picked up a fire HD 8 for 50 bucks. Only use will be watching downloaded TV shows on flights or waiting in line at a very popular Austin BBQ joint, maybe a lil web surfing when i'm at home and don't want to fire up my laptop (or risk personal info being stolen off my phone at an airport).
                          I made the same purchase, for basically the same reason.

Comment

Levis

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                              Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                              I made the same purchase, for basically the same reason.
                              I just ordered one so I can resolve the omnipresent, lazy-person "I want to sit on my butt and watch Netflix right meow but I also want to sit in hot water and melt into the bottom of my bathtub out of sight of my TV right meow" dilemma.
                              Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X