Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-shirts and shorts in the summer anyone? Or is it too casual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    I have a couple of pairs of the Target shorts, bought based on Joe's recommendation. Gotta say I am happy with them. Quality is good and the price is definitely right.
    Thanks for the info! How do you feel regarding the width of the leg opening? Is it too large? Is there any taper? I admittedly don't work my legs as hard as I should when lifting, so they lean more towards thin than muscular.

Comment

Summer has finally landed in my part of the world. This means I'm now wearing shorts and predominantly OCBDs untucked with the sleeves rolled up because I like the look.

Wife-to-be keeps telling me to relax and just run with the shorts-and-T-shirt look. Trouble is, I don't like the look on me. It seems just TOO casual for my taste. I mean I don't mind wearing it around the house when I'm in what I call comfy clothes. Or if I'm doing work outside on my bike, etc. But if I'm heading out to get groceries, or to the pub, etc. I like to put on the OCBD and roll up the sleeves.

What are people's thoughts around T-shirt & shorts look? Anyone sporting this look this summer? Or are you reaching for a polo as a compromise? Or maybe something else entirely?
      I don't wear t-shirts, other than to sleep in, to exercise in, or to do yard work in. I wear polos a lot in the summer, though. Actually, just ordered a BR Luxe-Touch polo a few minutes ago.

Incidentally, why OCBDs rather than a more summery dress-casual shirt? For example, why not a linen or cotton/linen blend? I find those more breathable. In 2017, I've restocked my OCBD collection and now have them in white and light blue (from BR) and green and light purple (from JCF). But I regard them mostly as three-season shirts because they're so heavy. The JCF ones in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
        Thanks for the info! How do you feel regarding the width of the leg opening? Is it too large? Is there any taper? I admittedly don't work my legs as hard as I should when lifting, so they lean more towards thin than muscular.
        From my recollection the shorts are fine for my legs regarding the leg opening. I don't think they ride up at all and I don't think there is any taper. If I remember I'll give the shorts a closer look when I'm wearing them next.

Comment

From my recollection the shorts are fine for my legs regarding the leg opening. I don't think they ride up at all and I don't think there is any taper. If I remember I'll give the shorts a closer look when I'm wearing them next.
          Thank you sir. I actually had the opportunity to swing by Target yesterday evening, and I quite liked the shorts for the price (the sale price). Compared to the JCF 9" Broken-In Gramercy variety, they are a lighter weight material and do have a slight taper (or they so appeared). The Club Shorts fit a little better around the seat area, but I give the nod to the JCF shorts for quality and possible longevity, mainly due to the heavier materiel and slightly better construction. That is likely moot, though, as the broken-in variety uses a heavier chino; the "lightweight" Gramercy would have made a better comparison but I do not own a pair.

Comment

Working...
          X