Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-shirts and shorts in the summer anyone? Or is it too casual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with perfectly fitting short sleeves on a short sleeved shirt is that there's not much give. You can buy a t-shirt with tight sleeves and it will stretch fine. With the former, if it's a perfect fit I worry about it bursting open if I move or flex too much.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
      dress to be comfortable in the weather you have. if that's t-shirts and shorts, so be it. just for the love of Chuck, no cargo shorts. i'm pretty sure LBD would ban you for that.
      Do these count as cargo shorts? I wear either these shorts, or very similar shorts, with a solid pocket tee very, very regularly lately even though I can count on one hand the number of times I've been on the water in the past two months.

If I'm going to a restaurant or someplace in public other than the gas station/grocery store/laundry mat/etc. I'll put on khaki shorts and a polo/short sleeve button up, but that's the exception to the rule.

In years past, I would avoid wearing shorts in public. I'm a bit self-conscious about the whiteness of legs, but I'm starting to care a little less about that. Plus, the more often I wear shorts outside, the less white my legs get; funny how that works.

Anyways, I hope my preferred choice of shorts with pockets doesn't earn me a ban.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
        Do these count as cargo shorts? I wear either these shorts, or very similar shorts, with a solid pocket tee very, very regularly lately even though I can count on one hand the number of times I've been on the water in the past two months.

If I'm going to a restaurant or someplace in public other than the gas station/grocery store/laundry mat/etc. I'll put on khaki shorts and a polo/short sleeve button up, but that's the exception to the rule.

In years past, I would avoid wearing shorts in public. I'm a bit self-conscious about the whiteness of legs, but I'm starting to care a little less about that. Plus, the more often I wear shorts outside, the less white my legs get; funny how that works.

Anyways, I hope my preferred choice of shorts with pockets doesn't earn me a ban.
        Personally I think the elastic band on the shorts gives them too much of a "dad" look for wearing out. But there is always a line between functional and dressing up. And that depends on the person, the tasks on hand, and who they interact with.

I'm heading to home depot in about 30mins wearing gym shorts and a sports team t-shirt. It's home depot, I know I'm not dressing to impress there. I am trying to get this errand done and on to my next tasks.

Comment

Bunch of heat warnings from my weather app--I'm compelled to pick up some shorts. But, sigh, I probably need to pick up shoes to go with them. It seems it's gonna get hotter and hotter, right?

Comment

Forecasted to be over 100 degrees F for most of the next 15 days.

Went out and bought a couple pairs of lightweight, stretch, sweat-wicking, "lifestyle" sports shorts yesterday.
            Ben

Comment

I have worn two pair of JCF shorts with tshirts in the extreme Florida heat. I chose patterned shorts and simple garment dyed or linen/Cotten tshirts. I was certainly better dressed than 95% of the people around me but never over dressed. Here are examples:

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...tResults=false

With

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...Nrpp=60&Nsrt=0

And

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...tResults=false

With

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...00,kwid:1,ap:7

Comment

I just picked up the JCF Gramercy Stretch short - 9" - in 3 colors. I'm not sure I'm in love with the fit. I wish it were about an inch shorter, but I don't think I'd want the 7" version. And there's about an inch and a half too much circumference at the bottom. They are too straight fit, not enough taper. I measured the leg opening at about 11.5", folded, so 23" total.

Can anyone recommend a short that's about 8" with a moderate taper? I want to look American-preppy, not extreme skinny fit. I have medium-athletic thighs that quickly taper to bird legs at the knees and below. Regular old off the rack shorts tend to look baggy on me at the hem. I don't want to pay more than about $30 a pair, either. Above that price, I'll just keep the JCF shorts and accept that they aren't the perfect short to end all shorts.

I do love the material. It doesn't "look" stretch, but the stretch feature works. Easy to move, bend, reach, etc.

I took a gander at jomers.com (first time) and i see shorts i think i'd like...8" and seem tapered enough, but it seems their size runs are pretty depleted. bummer.
                Last edited by DandyLion; July 9, 2017, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                  I have worn two pair of JCF shorts with tshirts in the extreme Florida heat.
                  Two pairs? That's gotta be really hot!

I'll be here all week folks!

Comment

It really blows my mind how many people on this forum can't make a decision for themselves. Do you ask the forum before you wipe your ass, too?

Comment

I haven't actually tried Jomers shorts, but I like their pants, and the shorts are 8". Worth a look maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by MIS997 View Post
                        It really blows my mind how many people on this forum can't make a decision for themselves. Do you ask the forum before you wipe your ass, too?
                        Or, you know, since it's a menswear forum, maybe some of the people are just interested others' perspectives on menswear stuff.

Anyways, happy Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyLion View Post
                          I just picked up the JCF Gramercy Stretch short - 9" - in 3 colors. I'm not sure I'm in love with the fit. I wish it were about an inch shorter, but I don't think I'd want the 7" version. And there's about an inch and a half too much circumference at the bottom. They are too straight fit, not enough taper. I measured the leg opening at about 11.5", folded, so 23" total.

Can anyone recommend a short that's about 8" with a moderate taper? I want to look American-preppy, not extreme skinny fit. I have medium-athletic thighs that quickly taper to bird legs at the knees and below. Regular old off the rack shorts tend to look baggy on me at the hem. I don't want to pay more than about $30 a pair, either. Above that price, I'll just keep the JCF shorts and accept that they aren't the perfect short to end all shorts.

I do love the material. It doesn't "look" stretch, but the stretch feature works. Easy to move, bend, reach, etc.

I took a gander at jomers.com (first time) and i see shorts i think i'd like...8" and seem tapered enough, but it seems their size runs are pretty depleted. bummer.
                          I was able to snag a pair to try out when the shorts dropped. So far, definitely my favorite pair right now. Quality is on par with their chinos so there's no drop off in that regards.
                          FYI on Jomers, signed up for notifications through their twitter feed. On their more popular items like wool trousers and chinos, they literally fly off the shelves. Then about a week later, there'll usually be some returns and will be restocked.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyLion View Post

I have 3 pairs of the JCF 9" shorts, and I agree they need to have some more taper. I've been meaning to swing by Target and try out the Merona Club shorts that Joe recommends on the Dappered main site...perhaps I'll head over this evening.

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-8-clu...t_adv_xasd0002

Comment

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
                              I have 3 pairs of the JCF 9" shorts, and I agree they need to have some more taper. I've been meaning to swing by Target and try out the Merona Club shorts that Joe recommends on the Dappered main site...perhaps I'll head over this evening.

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-8-clu...t_adv_xasd0002
                              I have a couple of pairs of the Target shorts, bought based on Joe's recommendation. Gotta say I am happy with them. Quality is good and the price is definitely right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tact View Post
                                I haven't actually tried Jomers shorts, but I like their pants, and the shorts are 8". Worth a look maybe.
                                I bought two pairs of shorts from their last run. One green seersucker and one oatmeal linen-cotton. They have about the same fit as the JCF gramercy, although the shorter length can help them look less loose than the JCF if they fit you right. They're really nice quality. I wear the linen-cotton pair multiple times a week because they're neutral and very comfortable in the heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X