Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-shirts and shorts in the summer anyone? Or is it too casual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3piece
    replied
    Bunch of heat warnings from my weather app--I'm compelled to pick up some shorts. But, sigh, I probably need to pick up shoes to go with them. It seems it's gonna get hotter and hotter, right?

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
    Do these count as cargo shorts? I wear either these shorts, or very similar shorts, with a solid pocket tee very, very regularly lately even though I can count on one hand the number of times I've been on the water in the past two months.

If I'm going to a restaurant or someplace in public other than the gas station/grocery store/laundry mat/etc. I'll put on khaki shorts and a polo/short sleeve button up, but that's the exception to the rule.

In years past, I would avoid wearing shorts in public. I'm a bit self-conscious about the whiteness of legs, but I'm starting to care a little less about that. Plus, the more often I wear shorts outside, the less white my legs get; funny how that works.

Anyways, I hope my preferred choice of shorts with pockets doesn't earn me a ban.
    Personally I think the elastic band on the shorts gives them too much of a "dad" look for wearing out. But there is always a line between functional and dressing up. And that depends on the person, the tasks on hand, and who they interact with.

I'm heading to home depot in about 30mins wearing gym shorts and a sports team t-shirt. It's home depot, I know I'm not dressing to impress there. I am trying to get this errand done and on to my next tasks.

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    dress to be comfortable in the weather you have. if that's t-shirts and shorts, so be it. just for the love of Chuck, no cargo shorts. i'm pretty sure LBD would ban you for that.
    Do these count as cargo shorts? I wear either these shorts, or very similar shorts, with a solid pocket tee very, very regularly lately even though I can count on one hand the number of times I've been on the water in the past two months.

If I'm going to a restaurant or someplace in public other than the gas station/grocery store/laundry mat/etc. I'll put on khaki shorts and a polo/short sleeve button up, but that's the exception to the rule.

In years past, I would avoid wearing shorts in public. I'm a bit self-conscious about the whiteness of legs, but I'm starting to care a little less about that. Plus, the more often I wear shorts outside, the less white my legs get; funny how that works.

Anyways, I hope my preferred choice of shorts with pockets doesn't earn me a ban.

Leave a comment:

• julius12
    replied
    The problem with perfectly fitting short sleeves on a short sleeved shirt is that there's not much give. You can buy a t-shirt with tight sleeves and it will stretch fine. With the former, if it's a perfect fit I worry about it bursting open if I move or flex too much.

Leave a comment:

• zorro
    replied
    I feel like this would be a good place to mention the merits of the short sleeve button down and shorts. I know that short sleeve button downs get a bad wrap, but they look great with shorts, or even pants so long as you get them with sleeves that fit. Too often the sleeves balloon out off of your arm. But, good fitting short sleeves are out there. Promise. Furthermore, I fundamentally do not understand the shots with rolled up OCBD sleeves. If it's hot enough to wear shorts, it is certainly hot enough for a short sleeve shirt. To me, shorts and a rolled-up long sleeve looks like it's laundry day, and you were out of options.

Leave a comment:

• 3piece
    replied
    Originally posted by dpark View Post
    You wear chinos to the beach? Do you mean chino shorts or are you actually walking around the sand in a pair of long pants?
    Long pants, yes. I roll those up walking on the sand. I don't go walk on the shore often enough. I definitely don't go to the water either.

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    J. Crew 9" inch shorts and J. Crew washed slim v-necks are my uniform when I am not at work during the summer. If it is too humid and im just around the house, shirt is optional.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Chalkey
    replied
    Shorts, v neck on a daily basis as I chase 2 kids

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• iviustang50h
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    If I'm going to the beach and it's hot out, you can bet your sweet bippy I'm rolling up in swim trunks and a t-shirt. Chinos at the beach are for cool/rainy/windy Pacific or North Atlantic conditions or maybe for a beach wedding or something.
    ^ This. Agree 100%

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    If I'm going to the beach and it's hot out, you can bet your sweet bippy I'm rolling up in swim trunks and a t-shirt. Chinos at the beach are for cool/rainy/windy Pacific or North Atlantic conditions or maybe for a beach wedding or something.

Leave a comment:

• dpark
    replied
    Originally posted by 3piece View Post
    I don't mind the look, but in the name of versatility, I live in wool trousers and shirts all year round. When I have to go to, say the beach, I wear khakis and a polo.
    You wear chinos to the beach? Do you mean chino shorts or are you actually walking around the sand in a pair of long pants?

Leave a comment:

• julius12
    replied
    In my part of the world it's always in the 80s and 90s year round. I wear the tee and shorts combo going to the gym, or for a quick in and out at the mall and if I'm not expecting to see anyone I know. The tee and shorts are always well-fitting, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Bobbumman
    replied
    My daily uniform is gym shorts and a v-neck t-shirt. That's mostly because I live in Florida and work remotely. The amount of ball sweat you accumulate in this state once you put on anything other than gym-shorts is insane.

That said, if I am leaving the house, it's not hard to throw on "outside" shorts in a jiffy.

Leave a comment:

• zorro
    replied
    I find that I feel more put-together in my T-shirt/shorts ensembles when I use summer colors. A blue gingham pair of shorts with a burnt orange garment-dyed tee still looks like you care a bit. As opposed to a plain white tee and plain tan shorts.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    dress to be comfortable in the weather you have. if that's t-shirts and shorts, so be it. just for the love of Chuck, no cargo shorts. i'm pretty sure LBD would ban you for that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X