Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More durable clarks desert boot

Hi all,

Ive bought 2 pairs of dark brown clarks desert boots in a row (i think the bushacre 2.0). Both have lasted me about a year. For both I wore out the balls of my feet to the point where a hole popped through (and my socks would get wet even if the rain stopped but the sidewalk was still damp haha)

Im looking for something more cost efficient but still a casual boot for summer wear. I like the comfort of a crepe sole, but if theres a durable, casual, leather soled chukka out there I would prefer it (as I really like salsa dancing in the summer )

Any recommendations? Id be willing to go up to $250, but only of its durability would surely beat the $80 a year for clarks.

This popped up on massdrop and it looks like it would work
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/helm-bo...-2-chukka-boot

Except I really don't like tan, would have to get a dark brown. And I dont think some huberds would get it to a dark brown.

Thoughts?

I replaced my Clark's with Blundstone 268. Very similar. The sole has the appearance of crepe, but is a sturdier rubber that doesn't pick up dirt like crepe. Still very comfortable. I've put mine through the wringer, wearing them about 3-4 days/week for the first year. That's 8-10 hours/day on my feet. I love them.

http://www.zappos.com/p/blundstone-b...170706124720:s

Comment

That's pretty surprising that you wore through them so quickly. For ones with a rubber sole I would say the 1901 Barrett Chukka is a great choice, pity they are sold out at the moment. If you want to stick to the crepe sole I can't recommend the Astorflex Chukka they have held up well for me, they do run a little large though. Lastly, if you're looking to go up to $250 and want a leather sole? The AE x Massdrop chukkas are a really good option. In regards to durability I have only had mine since the fall/winter so time will tell but so far they are holding up very well (wear them 1-2 times a week).

Comment

Working...
      X