Who would win a Store Wars in 2017?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would win a Store Wars in 2017?

Looks like the last time Dappered ran a Store Wars competition was in 2014. There have been many changes in the industry since then... wonder who might take it all this year?

I'll throw in my vote first l. I'm still getting a lot of good stuff from J. Crew, so I predict one final victory for the aging veteran.

Thoughts? Who might be the new champ?
    Mark

Spier and Mackay would be salty. They've gone beyond shirting legends to being go-to suits in these parts... Toss in awesome polos and they are becoming more diverse (and awesome). Bonobos would be in it if they were more accessible. JCF is king of affordable casual, but I just can't get into their sportcoat/suit offerings.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Even at dollar parity, S&M offers a great value. They are my go to shirt supplier (for both casual and business button up shirts) and I will likely try their pants when I go to rotate out of my current pants supply. For sport coats they offer a great value but since I already have my blues covered, I still like SuitSupply for the variety.

While I haven't spent much money on clothing in 2017, I feel the best purchase I have made this year have been Costco Kirkland dress socks. Great value and comfort for <$10 per 4 pack.

Comment

Bonobos prices themselves out. $58 t shirts....I'm waiting for their $1200 shoes....

I'd give Lands End a nod. Casual to dressed up at a good price to quality ratio. Plus some home items...

Comment

Has it really been that long? I feel like it's been an annual thing more recent than that.

I admittedly don't stick to accessible items (I pick some(if you ask my gf, many) areas to splurge, others to get some more accessible items), and many fan favorites don't fit me for things that people on here love them for (I'm looking at you, JC/SuSu/S&M for us thicker thighed guys), so I'm somewhat biased, but Bonobos--even with some of their faults--still probably wins for me. Their straight fit were such a step up when they came out, but then them coming out with their athletic fit in more and more items has been just as big of a step up for me in terms of things that fit me. As such, they'd get my vote, even with their having fewer sales and even being part of Walmart now.* (*for now, I reserve judgment if the Walmart deal starts to mess with their fit/quality).

Comment

Originally posted by SaWuttae View Post
            I'd give Lands End a nod. Casual to dressed up at a good price to quality ratio.
            Seconded.

Comment

Bonobos. So many fit options, and their athletic fit has been amazing for me. People complain about how expensive they are, but they're not much more expensive than the real J. Crew, and their stuff fits way better.

Comment

Banana's starting to put together some solid picks though, maybe not as classic as S&M but I find myself ogling their sportcoats from time to time.

Comment

I think JCrew Factory would still come out on top. They hit all of the right points. They have a large selection of styles and fits, affordable, decent quality and they're easily accessible. You can get an entire outfit at JCF for any occasion at a decent price.

I love Spier and Mackay for their quality to price ratio but they have a few shortcomings. They have much smaller selection, of which is mostly business/formal wear, and they seem to have difficulty keeping inventory. Not to mention they only have two physical locations, both in Canada, so shipping and returns can be troublesome. Bonobos is also great but I think they'd lose out just because of their higher price point.

Comment

JCF for the more business casual/casual clothing, such as chinos, shorts, polos, linens, sweaters and t-shirts. Spier & Mackay for dress shirts and OCBDs, trousers, suiting and sport coats.

Comment

Top for me are S&M for suiting, J.Crew for casual, and Uniqlo for basics and denim. More Lands End than ever before, and hardly any Banana Republic now (they were number one for everything for a long time).

My new dark horse: Abercrombie & Fitch. Aaron Levine has done some great things--they are not the frat boy store they used to be. They run some massive sales too.

Comment

So what about a tag team store wars?

Comment

Working...
                        X