Quick Timberland Sizing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Timberland Sizing Question

So while walking in the rain today, I noticed that a good chunk of the hell on a pair of brown side-zip boots I got at H&M about six months back had come off. I bought them as sort of a probe to see if I was a fan of the style, and as I've worn them for four or five times a week since then, I feel like I've more or less gotten my worth out of them.

After reading Joe's posts on the side-zip Earthkeepers, I've decided I'd probably be better served with a more rugged take on the neutral either casual or dressy boot. Having never owned or even worn a pair of Timberlands, I have no clue about the sizing, and Google reviews seem to indicate that they run anywhere from half a size to a size and a half large. Does anyone have any feedback on this? I wear an 11 or 11.5 typically - I'm an 11 in Clarks, if that helps (they're so popular!). I'm probably going to try to find a pair on eBay since they're kind of absurdly expensive at retail price, so I feel like my return options should they not fit are going to be limited.

I own Timberland Earthkeeper 6'' Lace Up Boots. I love them, they are a good quality leather. And in these boots, I purchased a size 10, and could have purchased a half size lower. But, by all means they are not too big for me, I wear regular socks with em. They are my rainy day boots.

The picture shows them prior to mink oiling, so don't be fooled by all the scuffs u see. They really look great with after conditioning them!

Comment

Oh, thanks! What shoe size do you typically wear (or wear in brands universal enough to translate well)?

Comment

Don't know about the side-zip Earthkeepers, but fwiw I have tried on the timberland earthkeeper chukkas and I'd say they ran a full size large.

Comment

I normally wear a 10EEE or sometimes can get away with a 10E or 10D depending on the type of shoe (dress,athletic,boot etc).

Like stated above, a 9.5 would have fit better for me, but by no means is my size 10 Timberlands too big to wear. I just use them in the winter with wool socks which tend to be thicker.

Comment

Working...
          X