Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpark
    replied
    770s have a decent rise. Definitely worth trying. I don't find them as comfortable as Bonobos, but they're decent. The fly itself seems noticeably shorter in the pants I have, which I find annoying, but the total rise is pretty close.

Leave a comment:

• smoothy
    replied
    Thank you gentlemen for your information. I am going to give jcrew 770's a shot. I will let you know if they are a good fit. I appreciate your input

Leave a comment:

• dpark
    replied
    Originally posted by smoothy View Post
    32-34 is my Jean size. I also would think 32 would be close to a 33 in rise
    So Gustin might work well, but they will take a while. Bonobos might work but they aren't cheap. J Crew is worth trying if you catch a sale. I don't know a lot about other brands' fits.

Leave a comment:

• dpark
    replied
    Originally posted by christophe View Post
    I have had an interesting experience with the rise on Gustin jeans. I have a pair of slim size 30s and find them to have a good mid rise in the back, but to be too short for my liking in front. Enough so that my butt is totally covered, but the front comes up 2-3 inches short of the belly button. This results in - how shall I put it - a little too much support. Not sure if this is anomalous, or just that their fit doesn't work well with my proportions.
    I didn't have that experience. I found them to fit almost identically to Bonobos, actually (accounting for the difference in waist).

But then 2-3 inches below my belly button works just fine for me and doesn't provide too much "support ".

Leave a comment:

• smoothy
    replied
    32-34 is my Jean size. I also would think 32 would be close to a 33 in rise

Leave a comment:

• christophe
    replied
    I have had an interesting experience with the rise on Gustin jeans. I have a pair of slim size 30s and find them to have a good mid rise in the back, but to be too short for my liking in front. Enough so that my butt is totally covered, but the front comes up 2-3 inches short of the belly button. This results in - how shall I put it - a little too much support. Not sure if this is anomalous, or just that their fit doesn't work well with my proportions.

Leave a comment:

• doomx
    replied
    The rise in inches is relative to the overall sizing of the jeans. So 10 inches for a waist 30 is very different than in waist 38. Levi's 501 (no taper FYI), 541 and gustin come to mind as higher rise jeans. Unbranded 201 and Jcrew 770 are also mid rise

Leave a comment:

• dpark
    replied
    What's your waist size? Rise increases with waist, so people need to know your waist as well in order to give you reasonable recommendations.

e.g. Gustin slim jeans have a 10" rise with a 33 waist (which should be pretty close to a 32 in most brands).

Leave a comment:

• smoothy
    started a topic Looking for mid-rise jeans

Looking for mid-rise jeans

I'm looking for a nice pair of mid-rise jeans (around 10 inch rise). Most of the jeans I'm seeing are low rise. One pair I am interested in is the AG graduate. It's got a 9.75 inch rise, but also around $175 price tag. Do you gents have any mid-rise jeans you like that are at a lower price point?
Working...
X