Summer suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by napaxton View Post
    It's just discouraging in its boringness. It's why I wear the brown wool/linen—just to mess with people's concepts of what's "good." That said, two southern 20-something women said I looked kinda "hipster" (couldn't tell if they were impressed or not; Southern shade is thrown subtly). I grant that I have a pretty full beard and up to date haircut, but I'm also over 35.
    Thats when you reply with "thank you. I like your 'old plantation southern' look as well ma'am!" Doubly effective if she's your age or a bit younger.

Have spent my fair share in texas, georgia, Mississippi, and nawlins. I can throw subtle with the best of em.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Speaking of seersucker, I'm debating whether to go with trousers and waistcoat in blue/white with a low-contrast pink gingham shirt tieless to the fireworks at Gettysburg this evening. Or just full coat and trousers.

Other option is white linen/cotton down below and the same shirt above, poasibly a blue linen waistcoat.

Decisions decisions....

(Shying from the coat just for the ability to roll sleeves for a bit more casual appearance)
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Oh, I can damn with faint praise quite well myself. And I think that it was in the end a compliment. But southerners are less forthcoming than northerners, and I have spent so much time on this coast that I can't even remember what my native west coast even did.

So few in my place of work are my age. Or, more accurately, so few at my level are my age. This is what happens when your midlife thing is completely changing careers. ;-)

But I shall remember your "compliment" for next time.

Comment

Or maybe not the waistcoat either? Shirt and trousers in linen may be sufficient for fireworks, even at Gettysburg. ;-)

Comment

And I think that I am likely to pull the trigger on the S&M (teehee) blue cotton.

Comment

Summer suit

Originally posted by napaxton View Post
              And I think that I am likely to pull the trigger on the S&M (teehee) blue cotton.
              Except that a linen blue BB I've liked online has just gone on sale. Le sigh. Back to linen v cotton decisions.

So let's hear your best linen and cotton arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                Navy, charcoal, and the occasional textured/pinstriped variant is nearly ALL that gets worn. Casual fridays means a navy blazer, brass buttons, with charcoal trousers.

I saw a guy in seersucker once. Looked COMPLETELY out of place. I wear SuitSupply linen stuff all the time just to make people turn and stare.
                I used to do work that kept me on or near the Hill quite a lot, so I get it, but there is this.

Also, I was single then and stepping outside the navy blazer, best buy staff khakis, beet up weejuns look certainly helped when out and about at happy hour.
                Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                  I used to do work that kept me on or near the Hill quite a lot, so I get it, but there is this.

Also, I was single then and stepping outside the navy blazer, best buy staff khakis, beet up weejuns look certainly helped when out and about at happy hour.
                  There's more than one seersucker Thursday now, you'll be _____ to know. ;-)

Yeah, I'm glad that I'm in my later years and don't care about the staff uniform. But it's discouraging to see so many poorly fitting garments. I shudder for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X