X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• takeshi
    replied
    Originally posted by bassoonguy View Post
    i might not over complicate the issue and just upgrade to the j crew.
    Visiting a guideshop would be the opposite of overcomplicating. Definitely visit one when you have the chance.

Leave a comment:

• paintflinger
    replied
    Originally posted by jfo2010 View Post
    Unfortunately they aren't the same. If they were I'd probably wear JCF instead of JC. The 770 at JC and the Sutton at JCF are meant to be equivalent. The 770 has a 14.75 leg opening and is slimmer through the leg than the Sutton. I've measured the leg because I thought they were supposed to fit the same. The Sutton has a 15.5" leg opening. The measurements are in the descriptions online.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like the 770 is closer to the Driggs fit then.

Leave a comment:

• sdjackofclubs
    replied
    I live in the philly burbs. I think they just opened a guideshop in the mall not to far from here. Maybe I'll give the other fits a try but as [MENTION=14764]dpark[/MENTION] said, i might not over complicate the issue and just upgrade to the j crew. On a sale, those might be cheaper. I was really wondering what people thought the quality comparison was. Is bonobos better quality than j crew to warrant the extra cost?
    Yep. They just opened a store at King of Prussia. I own 6 or 7 pair from Bonobos. Definitely worth a shot.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dpark
    replied
    Unfortunately they aren't the same. If they were I'd probably wear JCF instead of JC. The 770 at JC and the Sutton at JCF are meant to be equivalent. The 770 has a 14.75 leg opening and is slimmer through the leg than the Sutton. I've measured the leg because I thought they were supposed to fit the same. The Sutton has a 15.5" leg opening. The measurements are in the descriptions online.
    Interesting. I haven't noticed a significant difference in the fit. But I also have mostly bought shirts. I've only gotten a couple pairs of pants from them. I've also mostly paid attention to the seat/hips/waist/rise because that's where I have trouble with fit.

The obvious thing to do is order the pants from J Crew and try the fit.

Leave a comment:

• jfo2010
    replied
    Originally posted by dpark View Post
    In my experience they do fit the same, at least once you account for J Crew's general inconsistency from garment to garment. (For chinos, jeans, and shirts anyway. No experience with their suits.)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dpark
    replied
    If only they fit the same
    In my experience they do fit the same, at least once you account for J Crew's general inconsistency from garment to garment. (For chinos, jeans, and shirts anyway. No experience with their suits.)

Leave a comment:

• dpark
    replied
    I was really wondering what people thought the quality comparison was. Is bonobos better quality than j crew to warrant the extra cost?
    I think the quality of Bonobos is higher. The fit is more consistent from garment to garment and the construction seems a little better. However, if I'm being honest, it's not that much better. You can probably pick up J Crew for 2/3 the cost of Bonobos or less consistently. I don't think Bonobos quality is 50% better.

If you prefer the J Crew fit, definitely go with J Crew. Fit matters much more than the minimal quality difference here.

Leave a comment:

• jfo2010
    replied
    Originally posted by dpark View Post
    If you like the JCF fit but want something a bit nicer, just get JC. No need to complicate it.
    If only they fit the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Rawfull
    replied
    I find the quality of Bonobos to be similar, if not a little better, than J Crew. On the topic of price? Yeah, Bonobos costs more and I only buy stuff from the sale section when I can pair it with a promo code (most common is 20% off sale items).

If you do find a fit from bonobos that you LOVE then I'd say to give them a shot. If not just stick to J Crew as you already know it fits you and can be regularly had on sale.

Leave a comment:

• bassoonguy
    replied
    Originally posted by sdjackofclubs View Post
    [MENTION=14690]bassoonguy[/MENTION] where do you live? Go to a Bonobos Guide Shop. Try all fits. Perhaps one will work for you.
    I live in the philly burbs. I think they just opened a guideshop in the mall not to far from here. Maybe I'll give the other fits a try but as [MENTION=14764]dpark[/MENTION] said, i might not over complicate the issue and just upgrade to the j crew. On a sale, those might be cheaper. I was really wondering what people thought the quality comparison was. Is bonobos better quality than j crew to warrant the extra cost?

Leave a comment:

• dpark
    replied
    I have some JCF chinos but want to step up. Was thing j crew mainline possibly?
    If you like the JCF fit but want something a bit nicer, just get JC. No need to complicate it.

Leave a comment:

• sdjackofclubs
    replied
    [MENTION=14690]bassoonguy[/MENTION] where do you live? Go to a Bonobos Guide Shop. Try all fits. Perhaps one will work for you.

Leave a comment:

• batkins9
    replied
    Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    Nordstrom only has slim and straight. Slim is too slim in the seat and legs, and straight is too baggy in the legs. Athletic fit is perfect in both seat and legs.
    From Bonobos' fit guide, the only difference between slim and straight is the leg opening, the seat is the same for both. It does make sense that athletic fits you best, since that fit is let out in the seat with a slim leg opening.

Leave a comment:

• devastitis
    replied
    Nordstrom only has slim and straight. Slim is too slim in the seat and legs, and straight is too baggy in the legs. Athletic fit is perfect in both seat and legs.

Leave a comment:

• batkins9
    replied
    Spier and Mackay chinos aren't bad. The pair I have are a little older and are a thinner twill. I haven't tried the chinos they released this year. I'm wearing a pair of Jomers chinos today, and they are very comfortable. Fit is about as good as Bonobos and they are about half the price. I do have some Bonobos chinos that I love though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X