Shopping in Nashville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping in Nashville

My wife and I are heading out next week for a getaway to Nashville, TN. We are leaving the kids in the loving care of their grandparents and celebrating a belated 5 year wedding anniversary and both of our upcoming 30th birthdays. We already have some activities planned, mostly food and/or music related, but wanted to get some recommendations for shopping. We are definitely going to stop at Imogene+Willie which is very close to our Air BnB. What are some other unique and interesting shops and neighborhoods in the city?

Thanks!

Paging [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION].
    Ben

Comment

You rang!

Imogene+Willie is a denim destination but their owners seem to be involved in some shady stuff but good denim none the less.

It sounds like you are in the 12th South area so you can just walk up that street to see some sights. Draper James is a women's store owned by Reese Witherspoon but it is expensive but seems very southern. Near 12th South on 8th Ave is Flip Boutique which is a cosignment store. It can be hit or miss but carries some great brands when you can find it.

On West End, not too far away, there is J. Michael's and Haymakers. Haymakers is the better place and has some good road shows there from time to time. I think Drake's was there recently.

Franklin is south maybe 20-30min but is a very walkable city with a lot of charm. Families will be out on the weekend just walking around and has various small shops to visit.

East Nashville is a place everyone comes to Nashville for. It is littered with spots to eat but nothing is really bunched together to see all at once. Depending on the weekend, you may run into some festivals in town, it just depends. This would be described as the Hipster part of Nashville.

Best Park? Percy Warner. It is close and if you decide to go here, let me know and I will let you know how to quickly walk to see a great view of the city and skyline.

Lower Broadway? Tourist city but the most popular destination for Bachelorette Parties in the country. This has EXPLODED since I moved here and has been built up a ton.

Hmmm what else....I usually point people to Thrillist to really get an idea for good food and drinks as places open all the time but being married with a little one does not allow us to get out too much.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] was pretty comprehensive. The only area I might add is the Gulch. It's mostly restaurants/bars (tried and enjoyed Fin and Pearl just last week), but Two Old Hippies and Lucchese are both kind of fun to check out, even if they aren't exactly "Dappered" shopping spots.

Comment

Okay so far you've gotten the I'm "new" to Nashville advice.

I definitely wouldn't go to Franklin or East Nashville for shopping. I also wouldn't go to Imogene+Willie. In 35 years of living in Nashville I don't know anybody whose ever been.

I like J Michaels better than Haymakers but it depends on what you're looking for in general.

If you want to shop just go to Green Hills. Levy's has awesome clothes for men. Oxford Shop is really cool too. The Hill Center has Billy Reid, Posh, Bonobos, West Elm, Oak Hall (best spot currently in town), Barton Perreira, Allen Edmonds, H. Audrey(my friend's shop), Kendra Scott, Hemline and J McLaughlin.

Your wife might like the Perfect Pair.

Also the Nordstrom in the Green Hills Mall which you could walk too( I wouldn't) but it's less than a mile is the third best Nordstrom in the country.

Also Percy Warner is once again not the real spot to go.... go to Radnor Lake.

You asked about shopping. Ever store I mentioned is in a 1 square mile radius so you won't waste your time driving all over town. Nashville is too fun to only shop.

Comment

I tried to give places other than shopping. Franklin has no #menswear. Green Hills is a clusterf**k for traffic but as mentioned it does have some shops. Oak and Hall looks pretty good and there is also an Orvis over in Green hills as well.

I will say Oak Hall looks pretty good. I hadn't heard of that one before.

Also since it is your 30th birthday, King Jewelers has a lot of nice watches and the mall has an Omega store

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but Nashville-related - Any recommendations for a good dry cleaner?

One of my friends decided that the best way to christen my new Spier & Mackay suit would be to splash ranch dressing on the pants and I was planning on wearing it for an interview in 2 weeks.

Also, in the spirit of the actual thread, if you're staying near I+W in 12 South, I recommend checking out Urban Grub if you're looking for a nice dinner, and Burger Up (get the truffle fries) for something more casual. For shopping, I would probably echo TennisPro - although congested, Green Hills has a great range of stores. The staff at the Allen Edmonds store are particularly great.
              Last edited by Hailwood; June 29, 2017, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Best I can do is a buddy of mine lives in Brentwood near Trace Adkins' house that burned down several years ago. Apparently he *STILL* hasn't repaired it, so there's this gorgeous neighborhood and then a fire-damaged house growing mold and harboring all manner of wildlife. I guess the insurance payout was used for other activities.
                https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I used Green Hills Cleaners until moving to Atlanta 4 years ago. It was great prior to the Bluebird Cafe getting popular. I still have a house in Green Hills but use the cleaners in Atlanta now. It might not be worth going to now. Bluebird Cafe got popular when I moved to Atlanta.

Originally posted by Hailwood View Post
                  Slightly off-topic, but Nashville-related - Any recommendations for a good dry cleaner?

One of my friends decided that the best way to christen my new Spier & Mackay suit would be to splash ranch dressing on the pants and I was planning on wearing it for an interview in 2 weeks.

Also, in the spirit of the actual thread, if you're staying near I+W in 12 South, I recommend checking out Urban Grub if you're looking for a nice dinner, and Burger Up (get the truffle fries) for something more casual. For shopping, I would probably echo TennisPro - although congested, Green Hills has a great range of stores. The staff at the Allen Edmonds store are particularly great.

Comment

You did have a good post I just tried to use my knowledge of the town. If you're into cool outdoor gear Cumberland Transit has been my go to spot since grade school. It's on West End not too far from Haymakers and J Michaels. The later two are owned by same peeps. I wonder if OP's AirBnb belongs to a guy that goes by the name Chad.

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                    I tried to give places other than shopping. Franklin has no #menswear. Green Hills is a clusterf**k for traffic but as mentioned it does have some shops. Oak and Hall looks pretty good and there is also an Orvis over in Green hills as well.

I will say Oak Hall looks pretty good. I hadn't heard of that one before.

Also since it is your 30th birthday, King Jewelers has a lot of nice watches and the mall has an Omega store

Comment

Working...
                    X