Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These trousers go with navy j. crew blazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These trousers go with navy j. crew blazer?

Hey there Gents!

Need opinions on if these trousers from spier mackay are good to go with my jcrew legacy blazer.

They're the Blue/Grey Solid-Contemporary Fit & the Blue Pinhead Texture - Contemporary Fit

Thanks!

ETA: For some reason pic isn't showing up so here's the direct link...

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...628_092322.jpg
    Last edited by Nate Chorney; June 28, 2017, 01:56 PM. Reason: Pic!

The lighter blue/greywould look better. The others might work, but I would have to see them put together with a white shirt

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Ok awesome. Being colorblind I wasn't sure if the blue in each pair would be too much blue with the navy blazer and make it look I was trying to wear a suit.

Of course I've worn a crappy sportcoat before and had friends say "He's wearing a suit!"...

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
          The lighter blue/greywould look better. The others might work, but I would have to see them put together with a white shirt
          This. You want it to be 100% obvious that the pants are different than the jacket. so the more contrast the better, especially when dealing with the same color. If they are too close in shade then there's the chance someone might mistake you for trying to put together a suit from non-matching items, which is near the top of the list of style faux pas IMHO.

Comment

Working...
          X