Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dressier cotton dress pants?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dressier cotton dress pants?

    My new job is a little more casual than my old one, so looking to pick up some pants that are machine washable.

    Looking at the Jcrew Bowery cotton pants and the Bonobos weekend warriors - any other options I should consider? Looking for something cotton that's a little dressier than chinos.

    #2
    Brooks Brothers make some dressier chinos. Find them under casual pants. They are also on sale.

    Comment


      #3
      I have some non iron BR dress pants I really like. They are 100% cotton. It looks like BR only has stretch versions now though. I haven't tried any of those. I also like the JC bowery pants. I'm not a fan of the Bonobos weekend warriors. They have a sheen to them I don't care for. I do have a few of their cotton foundation pants which are awesome but cost $$$$ when not on sale.

      Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

      Comment


        #4
        Land's End tailored twills are sort of like a poor man's Brooks Brothers, and I think they fit better.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Evenflow View Post
          Land's End tailored twills are sort of like a poor man's Brooks Brothers, and I think they fit better.
          +1 on those.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by jfo2010 View Post
            I do have a few of their cotton foundation pants which are awesome but cost $$$$ when not on sale.
            Jealous! I would love to have 1 or 2 pairs. I lurk their sale section all the time because their stuff is just too expensive otherwise. Just my luck that the cotton foundation pants are NEVER on sale in my size

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
              Jealous! I would love to have 1 or 2 pairs. I lurk their sale section all the time because their stuff is just too expensive otherwise. Just my luck that the cotton foundation pants are NEVER on sale in my size
              One thing with the Foundation line is they are dry clean only. Not sure if you can still machine wash them, but being cotton, they will not hang to release wrinkles/odors like wool does. I have some weekend warriors which I like, since I find them a little lighter/cooler.

              Comment


                #8
                I think the key to having "dressier" cotton pants is to select something with a crease down the front, and definitely not in a 5-pocket (aka jeans) cut. BB Advantage chinos are good in this respect.

                Comment


                  #9
                  What's the best way to keep cotton from fading/wearing out so quickly? After a few washes, any cotton pants are pretty faded? Any tips? Thanks!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ads View Post
                    After a few washes, any cotton pants are pretty faded?
                    After a few washes and they are already fading? That shouldn't be happening. FWIW I wash mine cold on a low spin cycle inside out and then hang dry them.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Spier & Mackay offers dress cotton pants now. I also do like the J.Crew offerings.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X