No announcement yet.

Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=17539]Sheepdog149[/MENTION] I love the patina on your leather goods. Awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shade View Post
      [MENTION=17539]Sheepdog149[/MENTION] I love the patina on your leather goods. Awesome!
      Thanks boss![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Sheepdog149; January 31, 2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheepdog149 View Post
        Thanks! It's a custom 5" stag folder made by Al Warren Knives.

holy crap...you are definitely fighting above my weight class.

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
          holy crap...you are definitely fighting above my weight class.
          Naaa - boys need they're toys[emoji16][emoji111]

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheepdog149 View Post
            Naaa - boys need they're toys[emoji16][emoji111]

My most expensive knife is my Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556-1. It is my go-to edc knife.

Not my pic, but this is it...

Comment

• I carry a 556 at work. I'd like to carry some others, but they're maybe a little too big to pass as box openers in a clinical setting lol.
              I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

• Goddammit this thread has made me really want the Shinola x Benchmade Valet.

Which is not currently available, of course.

I have a Mini Griptilian that I don't like to carry because I feel like the knurled scales chew up my pants fabric when I clip it to my pocket, and a really nice 940 that my brother got me as a gift a long time ago that feels too big to carry around.
                Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  Goddammit this thread has made me really want the Shinola x Benchmade Valet.

Which is not currently available, of course.
                  I really want a nice wood scale knife too. I have a little buck non-locking folder without a clip now. It is a nice, subtle knife that sits at the bottom of your pocket and doesnt scare anyone when you take it out. But i really want the new mini Crooked River (which they totally missed the mark by not calling the Crooked Creek)

or maybe a NorthFork

Comment

I really want a nice wood scale knife too. I have a little buck non-locking folder without a clip now. It is a nice, subtle knife that sits at the bottom of your pocket and doesnt scare anyone when you take it out. But i really want the new mini Crooked River (which they totally missed the mark by not calling the Crooked Creek)
                    or maybe a NorthFork
                    Dang... that Mini Crooked Creek is a sexy knife, and has the orange accents that I also like about the Valet. Too bad it is a bit too big - basically the same size as my 940. *sigh*

The North Fork is a better size but is not as fun without the orange accents. *sigh again*

Incidentally, speaking of Buck knives, does anyone have any opinions on what is the best quality classic lock-back knife? A la Buck, Case, etc. I've always wanted one but it's hard to gauge which brands are good quality and which ones are inflated in price simply due to being "heritage" brands or having particular scale materials, etc.
                    Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      Dang... that Mini Crooked Creek is a sexy knife, and has the orange accents that I also like about the Valet. Too bad it is a bit too big - basically the same size as my 940. *sigh*

The North Fork is a better size but is not as fun without the orange accents. *sigh again*

Incidentally, speaking of Buck knives, does anyone have any opinions on what is the best quality classic lock-back knife? A la Buck, Case, etc. I've always wanted one but it's hard to gauge which brands are good quality and which ones are inflated in price simply due to being "heritage" brands or having particular scale materials, etc.
                      In my experience, I dont feel a ton of difference in buck, case, and old timer. Of course I have primarily dealt with the non locking multi blade models. Once you get into locking blades or assisted opening the quality difference might be more obvious. Most of those heritage brands are owned by the same big company or two now anyway.

I will let you know if I run across any more wood handles with orange accents.

Comment

• I am almost never not within walking distance of scissors.

Comment

• I read a thing a while ago that said Buck does some awesome stuff with their heat treating. Not sure if that still applies. I had a Buck Stockman when I was in boy scouts that I really liked. Now I don't think I would go with a folder that doesn't open one-handed. Of course I do currently have and love an Opinel No. 8 so take that with grain of salt. Still love my Kershaw Skyline: cheap, slim, light, sharp, tough. The scales can chew up your pocket if you clip it though.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/s...ife/0371BRS-B/

Edit: looks like their still tooting their horn over heat treating so maybe there's something to it
                          https://www.buckknives.com/about-knives/heat-treating/

Comment

• Originally posted by phatte View Post
                            I am almost never not within walking distance of scissors.
                            I don't have to walk to my pocket though. Pocket knives definitely are lifestyle dependent. I hike, camp, and fix crap. It works for me to have one. By no means does everyone need one and I wouldn't die without mine. It's just handy and they are neat.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

or maybe a NorthFork
                              Those are gorgeous! I always have a knife. It fits my lifestyle and my work. I use mine multiple times daily. I'm currently carrying a Kershaw Barge. It's not small, but it works for me. The blade almost reminds you of a box cutter, which is a great thing for me. The other end can be used as a screwdriver or to pry with. Again, it works for me. I actually prefer something more elegant, but right now my knife is legitimately used as a tool.

Comment

My most expensive knife is my Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556-1. It is my go-to edc knife.

Not my pic, but this is it...
                                That's a very nice looking knife! Look's wicked sharp too.

Comment

Working...
                                X