Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    This color is fantastic. Much more character than last year. 2018 was a very nice red, but its harder to get really jazzed over an especially nice red SAK.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    2020 LE Victorinox was released last week. I ordered a couple days ago.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    I still need a GEC. Theor booth was closed by the time I got around to it at blade show. What gun did you get?

We went to an RV show yesterday. Luckily those arent "walk out today" prices so I didnt bring anything home lol.
    Wow! The Oil Field Jack is a lot of knife for the money. I don’t know why I wasn’t visualizing it as being this big, but its bigger than a pioneer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron View Post
    My contribution:

For work I use to carry my Spyderco Endura 4 lightweight. It's well made, easy to grip, decent quality and is a good EDC knife. Now that I am retired I still carry it but have to find ways to incorporate it into the "dappered" look. Along with my Fenix flashlight and my Leatherman sidewinder and my carbon fiber card/money clip.

the endura is nice. I had one that I used for camping. actually an excellent food prep knife lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ron
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Springfield XD9 service model. Its not even new to me LOL. I had one stolen a few years ago, and I just now got around to buying another. I had been considering an Glock 43x or a springfield EMP4, but as soon as I picked up the XD I just couldn't help it.

I have the XDS in 45cal. Love the grip and the way it handles recoil you'd never know you were shooting a 45.

Also have the Glock 43. Very accurate and my favorite, although the XDS is a close 2nd.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    I still need a GEC. Theor booth was closed by the time I got around to it at blade show. What gun did you get?

We went to an RV show yesterday. Luckily those arent "walk out today" prices so I didnt bring anything home lol.
    Springfield XD9 service model. Its not even new to me LOL. I had one stolen a few years ago, and I just now got around to buying another. I had been considering an Glock 43x or a springfield EMP4, but as soon as I picked up the XD I just couldn't help it.

Leave a comment:

• Ron
    replied
    My contribution:

For work I use to carry my Spyderco Endura 4 lightweight. It's well made, easy to grip, decent quality and is a good EDC knife. Now that I am retired I still carry it but have to find ways to incorporate it into the "dappered" look. Along with my Fenix flashlight and my Leatherman sidewinder and my carbon fiber card/money clip.

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    I'm glad I ordered a GEC oilfield jack last week. I accidentally bought a new pistol at the fun show today, so I guess the knife budget is done for a minute.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    I'm glad I ordered a GEC oilfield jack last week. I accidentally bought a new pistol at the fun show today, so I guess the knife budget is done for a minute.

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    Oh you think that's ridiculous. I've got a different tub just for the boxes of the knives I have that are actually collectible.
    Luckily I have managed to not get into collecting, by knife standards. I have maybe 10-15 and use them for various purposes.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    I think that one is an 87. History sounds correct though. Essentially its a pioneer without a key ring, but of course people like the soldier because they aren't made anymore. The others are indeed pioneers, but the one on the right is a farmer.

Leave a comment:

• Galcobar
    replied
    Sort of. That one is a Soldier. They all have that shield.
    So that would be a 1993-2008 military issue knife? I understood Wenger and Victorinox produced the same knife, the 1961 model, for the Swiss Army which bought exactly equal quantities from each company, until Victorinox bought Wenger in 2005. And the other knives displayed would be Victorinox Pioneer Aloxes?

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    I’m the same way. Now most days I have one clipped in my pocket, one in my little wallet caddy, and another in the center console of whatever car I’m driving. Oh and one in my desk drawer. It’s a little ridiculous actually.

Oh you think that's ridiculous. I've got a different tub just for the boxes of the knives I have that are actually collectible.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post
    I notice the grey one has a slightly different logo. Is it a preproduction model or some other interesting reason?
    Sort of. That one is a Soldier. They all have that shield.

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post
    I never used to carry a knife, but then about five years ago I bought a $10 cheapie on a whim and got used to carrying it. Now I feel like I'm not dressed if I don't have my knife clipped on. A couple years ago I upgraded to a good but not great Off Grid Knives 2.75" with spring assist which I am quite happy with.
    I’m the same way. Now most days I have one clipped in my pocket, one in my little wallet caddy, and another in the center console of whatever car I’m driving. Oh and one in my desk drawer. It’s a little ridiculous actually.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X