• Show
Clear All

• Here’s a photo of my actual knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
      Here’s a photo of my actual knife.

Dang, making me want to upgrade from my tiny keychain Swiss army knife....

Comment

• I picked up a Swiss Bianco pioneer at the show. I didn't see much else that I really wanted. I may have to go on an online buying binge instead. lol
        I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
          I picked up a Swiss Bianco pioneer at the show. I didn't see much else that I really wanted. I may have to go on an online buying binge instead. lol
          Blade show was a lot to take in. I handled a lot of knives that impressed me. My only purchase was an Ontario Rat 2 for $20. I have been meaning to get one for a while and htat was cheaper than amazon so I did it. Some other random thoughts...

I am kicking myself for not getting an Alox Bantam in a cool color. Was hard to justify $40 for a color when silver is like $18 on Vic site. Lumberjack was a cool model I had never seen before too.

Smith and Sons in particular was an out of nowhere good impression for me. They arent cheap but felt great and looked stellar.

Three Rivers had a couple of very light and cool knives. Never heard of them but they were one of the ones I might have made an impulse buy on, if I had more money at the time.

I got to put my hands on all of the Spyderco models I have been considering and now I know the Sage 5 is the
          one for me. Now to save the funds. The Smock was super cool but that blade shape...not super versatile. If it was like $60 I would get it. At $160, probably not.

the Case Sodbuster Jr in red was a neat knife that isnt a lot and I will end up with at some point.

Vanquest...I was excited about seeing this booth because I love their products on paper. I was very impressed with the fatpack organizer and the 5x8 seemed great for me. The new Trident backpacks are really cool. They use a velcro system to create sections inside. I was skeptical but that velcro is strong. Now I want one. The IBEX packs have been on my wish list for a long time. I tried on a 35L and it was cool. Not ultralight so I wouldn't want to do the AT with it but sturdy. Its more for those back country camping trips. Hike in 5-10 miles, camp a few days, hike out. I also tried on the bigger Markhor 45L pack. A cool pack too. Same basic impressions as IBEX.

Lets see...Oh, ontario rat fixed blades were a very nice alternative to the pricier Esee options.

Kabar Dozier is a cool little knife for $15.

ABKT was a surprise in the super cheap arena.

Soutehrn Grind is a knife I want to buy but that money makes my stomach turn a little.

Oh...We Knives...I liked almost all the models I handled. They had a few of their budget line Civivi. I have one of those and like it and wouldnt hesitate to buy another. I was almost won over on a couple of We models...then I went to the Kizer booth.

Kizers are cheaper and just as impressive as We. Several in the $40 range I liked. The Vigor is much better in person than the online listings show. Thats a great looking $40 knife. They had some higher end prototypes that spun my props too.

All in all, the show was fun. I went with my cousin and we went in at like 9:30am and left at like 4. We got worn out and actually missed some booths we wanted to see. I am glad I went but not sure if I will ever do it again. So I say until next year when all the new product announcements come out lol.

Comment

• Man you should have gotten that bantam. What color were you looking to get? Swiss Bianco does charge almost a 100% premium, but they can because they make things you can't get in a blister pack at Dick's. I think I really got mine because I had been drooling over those colors every time I saw one posted on FB for some time.

CRKT had some cool new stuff. I got to handle some of the new Mora carbon stuff, thick stock. It was pretty impressive. I might have to get a blank and have someone put a handle on it for me. I almost got another Case copperlock(red sycamore) and I almost got a Kuhkri, so obviously my interests are varied. Instead I just went ahead and bid on a Bestech Engine I had been eying for a while.

PS I already dropped my superduper premo Swiss Bianco on the floor and dinged it up LOL.

Comment

• [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] that was an awesome review of the knife show. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
                Man you should have gotten that bantam. What color were you looking to get? Swiss Bianco does charge almost a 100% premium, but they can because they make things you can't get in a blister pack at Dick's. I think I really got mine because I had been drooling over those colors every time I saw one posted on FB for some time.

CRKT had some cool new stuff. I got to handle some of the new Mora carbon stuff, thick stock. It was pretty impressive. I might have to get a blank and have someone put a handle on it for me. I almost got another Case copperlock(red sycamore) and I almost got a Kuhkri, so obviously my interests are varied. Instead I just went ahead and bid on a Bestech Engine I had been eying for a while.

PS I already dropped my superduper premo Swiss Bianco on the floor and dinged it up LOL.
                The dark blue was my preference. I was not as impressed with Zero Tolerance as I hoped to be. I dont think I will ever get one of those. Just not up my alley. I do like Kershaw though. None of the 2019 releases really got my blood going from them though.

The ding adds character! Now its YOUR superduper premo Swiss Bianco instead of A superduper premo Swiss Bianco.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                  [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] that was an awesome review of the knife show. Thanks.
                  No problem. It really was fun but if I go again, I am going on Friday when other people are at work. Getting to the Spyderco counter was like trying to catch the bartenders attention on a Lady's Night in the old Buckhead days.

Comment

• First 2 of 2020

Comment

• I am so glad this thread is still alive and kicking. Some great looking knives here. I have been carrying one for a over a year now, and I am thinking it's time to pick up another knife.

Comment

• What are you looking for?

Comment

• My latest two...

Ganzo fh61 (I think lol)

Civivi Hooligan

Comment

• Camilius with jigged bone
                            Moore Maker with yellow plastic
                            Al Mar with Micarta

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              My latest two...

Ganzo fh61 (I think lol)

Civivi Hooligan

I like the look of both of those.

[MENTION=16882]Mad Martigan[/MENTION] I am not sure what I am looking for at the moment. Nothing in particular. Just looking I suppose. Lots of nice options on this thread.

Comment

• Picked up this hitch and timber runt 2.0 to carry my stuff when at the office. Having stuff clipped to my dress pants pockets isn’t the look I like. This carries a small aaa light, my telescoping zebra pen, a non scary knife, and a credit card or two. This is in English tan and only slightly larger than my front pocket card holder.

Comment

Working...
                                X