Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    I think it's awesome this thread is still going. Never when I started it, did I think enough people would carry a knife to show interest.
    This just popped up in a mail of potentially interesting threads. So I am very late to this party.

In the city, I carry a small Swiss Army with two kinds of screwdrivers and a bottle opener (model is: “Rally”). However, I carry a Buck Vantage (Large) when hiking, camping etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
      Lol...I like the logic.

Do ittttttt
      I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
        I wish I could find more options like hitch and timber but in canvas or Cordova.

I recently went down the rabbit hole of trying to find an add on pen/knife/flashlight organizer for my backpack.

https://www.rickshawbags.com/diplomat-organizer
        https://www.rickshawbags.com/waldo-field-case

https://plateaudesign.com/products/geology-field-pouch

https://www.amazon.com/Rite-Rain-Wea.../dp/B004W0Y2W6

This is what I ended up with, added some stick on velcro to the back of the organizer and the inside of my backpack pocket and it stays put. Ignore the 1 star review, it does what it says it will.
        https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A much nicer version is this from Triple Aught Design. They do small runs so sign up for notifications if you like any of their sold out stuff.
        https://tripleaughtdesign.com/shop/a...m_medium=email

Comment

• Anybody going to Blade Show? I'll be there on Saturday. Georgia peeps, its at Cobb Galleria.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
            Anybody going to Blade Show? I'll be there on Saturday. Georgia peeps, its at Cobb Galleria.
            Yup, Saturday too. Trying to get there early.

Comment

• Blade show? Now this sounds pretty cool/interesting. I'll have to see if we have anything like that in my part of the world.

Comment

Anybody going to Blade Show? I'll be there on Saturday. Georgia peeps, its at Cobb Galleria.
                I wish I was. I’ve wanted to go for a while now. Maybe I’ll make the trip in the next couple years to check it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                  Blade show? Now this sounds pretty cool/interesting. I'll have to see if we have anything like that in my part of the world.
                  apparently its a bigger deal than I was aware of when I first heard about it. Seems like a fun way to spend a morning/afternoon.

Comment

• What are you looking to pick up?

Comment

What are you looking to pick up?
                      Nothing actually. I just want to get my hands on some of these brands you cant find locally. I hate buying a knife without setting hands on it but its the way you have to do it for most of the stuff. I had my eyes on a Giant Mouse Ace Biblio in micarta for a long time. They finally came back in stock and I jumped on it. But when I got it, I didnt like the liner lock at all. I like them in general, but this liner lock always took a chunk out of my nail at some point during the day. I had to let it go. So I just want to see how many of these "internet darling" brands i can put my paws on for future references. Especially We, Kizer, and Steel Will. Oh, and I hope they have some of the more obscure Spyderco models like a Smock. And I am looking forward tot he Vanquest booth. I have wanted an IBEX 35 for a while but I do not buy packs that big or expensive without putting them on.

Oh, I might get a bandana or two. Those things are great to have in your pack when hiking and I want something better than the walmart options but dont want to spend Hick's Hanks kind of money.

Comment

• I do like to grope everything at a gun or knife show LOL. You should stop by the Condor booth as well. They make some cool stuff and their price point is great. People are crazy about Great Eastern so I guess I'll be looking at those. Maybe some case knives. I'm always looking for Kershaw Ti Bumps. I'd really like a Bestech Engine, rainbow ti. I think the bestech might be the only newer production knife I'm interested in.

Comment

I do like to grope everything at a gun or knife show LOL. You should stop by the Condor booth as well. They make some cool stuff and their price point is great. People are crazy about Great Eastern so I guess I'll be looking at those. Maybe some case knives. I'm always looking for Kershaw Ti Bumps. I'd really like a Bestech Engine, rainbow ti. I think the bestech might be the only newer production knife I'm interested in.
                          I have a Condor Sidekick on my Jeep bag. Great for the money and I would buy more of their products. Tough part about buying that stuff online is judging the dimensions. Different people measure different ways and some stuff shifts when mounted or loaded. GEC is on my list too.

Comment

• I don't often carry a pocketknife, but partially as a result of this thread, I did get one a year or so ago. I wanted something that felt more classic than tactical, so I ended up going with a Buck 501 knife. My dad always carried one when I was a kid, (and still does), so it felt like a good place to start. It's small enough to inconspicuously stash in a pocket, but big enough to handle most "typical" cutting needs. The wood and silver case looks nice, and it locks and folds with a solid feeling action. It also was super sharp straight out of the box. I love it!

https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-S...dp/B000EHYZQ4/

Comment

• Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                              I don't often carry a pocketknife, but partially as a result of this thread, I did get one a year or so ago. I wanted something that felt more classic than tactical, so I ended up going with a Buck 501 knife. My dad always carried one when I was a kid, (and still does), so it felt like a good place to start. It's small enough to inconspicuously stash in a pocket, but big enough to handle most "typical" cutting needs. The wood and silver case looks nice, and it locks and folds with a solid feeling action. It also was super sharp straight out of the box. I love it!

https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-S...dp/B000EHYZQ4/
                              classic. I found a generic tiny version of that at the bottom of one of my BOS in the closet. Thats code for "Box of Old Sh...tuff".

Comment

• Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                                I don't often carry a pocketknife, but partially as a result of this thread, I did get one a year or so ago.
                                Since starting this thread I now carry a knife pretty much anytime I leave the house. I have one knife, but in reading the posts here, I'm thinking of picking up another.

Comment

Working...
                                X