Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topspot View Post
    The swiss pocket knife is a classic. I use to have one when I was younger. It was one of though knives that was great for every situation. It had a A blade, a pair of scissors, a nail file, a toothpick, a pair of tweezers, and a ballpoint pen. Since I lost it I never really carry a pocket knife with me anymore.
    My dad always carried a very small Swiss Army pocket knife on him. Just a very small one with a blade on one side and a nail file on the other. I didn't see him use the knife very often, a the blade really wan't big enough for anything other than clipping a thread here or there. Gotta agree though, they are helpful to carry around.

Comment

• Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Just picked this one up on the last 15% ebay coupon day. Its a Copperlock model, my first. Fit an finish is pretty nice, mostly what I would expect from Case. It was, however, embarrassingly dull. My other Case knives aren't like that. Is this a new trend? I haven't bought one in a while. I guess I had also forgotten how soft regular SS is too. It was like a razor after 5 minutes stropping on a piece of cardboard.

I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
        Just picked this one up on the last 15% ebay coupon day. Its a Copperlock model, my first. Fit an finish is pretty nice, mostly what I would expect from Case. It was, however, embarrassingly dull. My other Case knives aren't like that. Is this a new trend? I haven't bought one in a while. I guess I had also forgotten how soft regular SS is too. It was like a razor after 5 minutes stropping on a piece of cardboard.

I havent bought a case in a while so I cant say about them. The last couple of Kershaw I purchased came sharp.

Comment

• Anybody else pick up this year's LE Victorinox alox on the last massdrop? I think mine is supposed to show up tomorrow.

Comment

Anybody else pick up this year's LE Victorinox alox on the last massdrop? I think mine is supposed to show up tomorrow.
            I did not. I really need an Alox though. I always freeze up trying to decide between Cadet and Pioneer and dont buy anything lol.

Comment

• I think it's awesome this thread is still going. Never when I started it, did I think enough people would carry a knife to show interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                I think it's awesome this thread is still going. Never when I started it, did I think enough people would carry a knife to show interest.
                I agree, its always fun for me to see where my interests intersect like this. We always think of this group is for this and that group is for that but often we find plenty of crossover if we bring it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                  I havent bought a case in a while so I cant say about them. The last couple of Kershaw I purchased came sharp.
                  In my experience, kershaws come razor sharp. They're good about that. I have a Kershaw leek that to this day, despite my lazy lack of sharpening, you could shave with.

Comment

• Related to pocket knives but more of an EDC thing- I always carry either my Chris Reeves Small Sebenza 21 or my spyderco para 3, each in a hitch&timber leather sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                      I did not. I really need an Alox though. I always freeze up trying to decide between Cadet and Pioneer and dont buy anything lol.
                      I much prefer the pioneer, but the cadet is way slimmer in the pocket. Get one of each in a color I don’t have and I’ll buy whichever one you don’t like.

Comment

• A few months ago the courthouse I most frequently practice in implemented new security protocols prohibiting just about anything that could feasibly be used as a weapon, including pocket knives. I get to skip the security line with a security badge based on my position and signing a form not to violate the security protocols and such.

So I don't carry a pocket knife anymore. I am between my office and the courthouse several times a day most days so I don't want to be constantly checking on whether I have my knife or not and worrying whether it's going to get my security clearance revoked.
                        Ben

Comment

• If I forget most of the time the metal detector deputy will hold it for me. Sometimes I have to go back and put it in the car. That's in the south, though.

Comment

• I don't have to go through the metal detector at all. That's the privilege I'm trying to preserve by not getting caught carrying a knife in violation of my security clearance agreement.
                            Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeyk View Post
                              Related to pocket knives but more of an EDC thing- I always carry either my Chris Reeves Small Sebenza 21 or my spyderco para 3, each in a hitch&timber leather sleeve

I wish I could find more options like hitch and timber but in canvas or Cordova.

Comment

I much prefer the pioneer, but the cadet is way slimmer in the pocket. Get one of each in a color I don’t have and I’ll buy whichever one you don’t like.

Lol...I like the logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X