Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Brown View Post
    Not a pocket knife by any stretch, but did anyone else see/purchase Bespoke's Damascus field knife this month?

Not EDC in the least, but daammmmmmmmn. It's in my Get Home Bag right now.

What is a Get Home Bag?

Comment

Originally posted by JT10000 View Post
      What is a Get Home Bag?
      A bag you keep in your car that has all the supplies you would need to get home in case of an emergency. I keep one because I tend to wander down dirt roads and sometimes we go off road. It also functions well as a spontaneous hiking bag.

another term you may hear is the bug out bag. thats usually a bigger bag people keep at home that has all the supplies they would need in case they have to leave in a hurry. Some people pack it almost as a weekend road trip bag. some people go doomsday prepper. I dont have one of those.

Comment

Yep! I don't have a BoB, but I have camping/backpacking gear, so I figure I'm solid if shit hit the fan. I've had a GHB ever since a snowstorm in the Birmingham area stranded me and a few thousand other people in their offices overnight, plus it's a handy gear stash in case Red Mountain's hiking trails call my name

Comment

I was at Nordstrom the other day picking up some boots I had ordered online. The girl working there asked if I needed something to open the packaging with to try them on. I said "No thank you" and used my pocket knife. She was like "Thats the coolest thing I have seen in a minute. Very casual, very cool." It was a decent looking manual open knife with a bleached bone handle so it wasnt too technical or tactical. I was surprised by the appreciation.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Brown View Post
            Yep! I don't have a BoB, but I have camping/backpacking gear, so I figure I'm solid if shit hit the fan. I've had a GHB ever since a snowstorm in the Birmingham area stranded me and a few thousand other people in their offices overnight, plus it's a handy gear stash in case Red Mountain's hiking trails call my name
            same thing here. Its really more of an on demand hiking bag with some extras for long term emergency supplies. Its nice to be like "you want to go on a hike?" and be already prepared.

Comment

Both my father and grandfather always wore a watch, carried a handkerchief and a pocket knife. I just understood that those are things a gentleman should always have with him. I'm usually carrying either a Case Copperlock or a smaller Old Timer. I have an old shoe polish container full of my Grandfather's old knives - going back to the first one he had as a young boy. They're all still razor sharp ... the guy knew how to sharpen a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by 74vibrolux View Post
                Both my father and grandfather always wore a watch, carried a handkerchief and a pocket knife. I just understood that those are things a gentleman should always have with him. I'm usually carrying either a Case Copperlock or a smaller Old Timer. I have an old shoe polish container full of my Grandfather's old knives - going back to the first one he had as a young boy. They're all still razor sharp ... the guy knew how to sharpen a knife.
                same for me. Well, not the collection. I only have 1 of his unfortunately. But he always carried those things as well.

Comment

I use to carry a Spyderco Endura 4 all the time and then stopped when I was trying to streamline what I carry in my pockets.
                  I should really start carrying it again as I frequently regret its absence.

Comment

Recently switched from a Leatherman Skeletool to a Leatherman Squirt PS4 as my main pocketknife. I mostly use it to cut open boxes and use the wire cutters occasionally at work so I didn’t really need the bulk of the bigger tool.

Comment

Santa brought me the Kershaw Chive. I like it. It's currently clipped into the fifth pocket of my jeans, as a test to decide if I want to remove the clip or not.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                        I was at Nordstrom the other day picking up some boots I had ordered online. The girl working there asked if I needed something to open the packaging with to try them on. I said "No thank you" and used my pocket knife. She was like "Thats the coolest thing I have seen in a minute. Very casual, very cool." It was a decent looking manual open knife with a bleached bone handle so it wasnt too technical or tactical. I was surprised by the appreciation.
                        She doesn't care about the knife, she was hitting on you.
                        I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

The swiss pocket knife is a classic. I use to have one when I was younger. It was one of though knives that was great for every situation. It had a A blade, a pair of scissors, a nail file, a toothpick, a pair of tweezers, and a ballpoint pen. Since I lost it I never really carry a pocket knife with me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
                            She doesn't care about the knife, she was hitting on you.
                            more likely that she was trying to flatter him to spend more

Comment

Maybe that too
                              I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post
                                more likely that she was trying to flatter him to spend more
                                It was the online order pickup area and I am happily married so neither possible intention registered with me lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X