Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDLamp View Post

R.A.T. II that I’ve had for about a year. I was looking for an inexpensive (under 30 bones on Amazon), medium-sized blade with a relatively slim profile.

Paint scrapes on the pocket clip are from leaning up against brick/stone walls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a rat 1. Fantastic knife for the cash. Actually, just in general but especially for the cash.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erichenao View Post
      Those gloves! What, where? And that flash light? Lusting after both.
      Gloves:

https://motostuka.myshopify.com/products/shanked-gloves

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
        A small clip knife on the inside blazer pocket. I want to mod an alox with a clip for this purpose.

That sounds good. Like adding a little clip on a Cadet. I've also seen a lot of the high-end slipjoint guys carry their knives in little leather pouches to protect them from other junk in the pocket. That ought to do the trick as well, but might run the risk of making it too bulky for some pants pockets.
        I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          I've had a similar problem... the little Buck knife I want to carry with a suit has no clip and is too easily lost.

On the search for something both functional and attractive enough to carry at the office I stumbled across the Spyderco Chaparral in Raffir Noble.

It doesn't have that classic gentleman's knife look but the Raffir scales look attractive and not too "tactical" for office use. Because of the smooth scales and wire clip I have no problem clipping the knife in either suit pants pocket or inside a jacket pocket, and don't have to worry about it chewing up the fabric of my nice clothes.

I WILL have one of these. It’s about 3rd on my list now. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
            That sounds good. Like adding a little clip on a Cadet. I've also seen a lot of the high-end slipjoint guys carry their knives in little leather pouches to protect them from other junk in the pocket. That ought to do the trick as well, but might run the risk of making it too bulky for some pants pockets.
            I keep a small telescoping pen in my card carrier. I could see adding a small slip joint too. Maybe one of the hitch and timber pieces. I clipped my spyderco df2 to mine for a bit and it wasn't bad at all. When I am going for a low key pocket carry I still do that.

Comment

Originally posted by erichenao View Post
              Those gloves! What, where? And that flash light? Lusting after both.
              [emoji1]The gloves are Moto Stuka's and the titanium flashlight is a custom piece by "Mcgizmo."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep a small telescoping pen in my card carrier. I could see adding a small slip joint too. Maybe one of the hitch and timber pieces. I clipped my spyderco df2 to mine for a bit and it wasn't bad at all. When I am going for a low key pocket carry I still do that.

https://hitchandtimber.com/listing/4...dc-pocket-slip

Something like this would be the ticket. They make some cool stuff, thanks for the reference.
                I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

I love this little spiderco. Had it for years now

I use it every other day since I’ve taken over ordering and restocking office, and since people keep walking off with our scissors???, it’s nice that it fits on a pocket without taking up the whole thing.

I’ve never wanted for a bigger blade and it doesn’t scare the knife-shy as much

Comment

[emoji41][emoji1690]

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepdog149 View Post
                      [emoji41][emoji1690]

Nice hook. I had to relash mine and so far it’s holding

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post
                        Nice hook. I had to relash mine and so far it’s holding
                        Nice! This one was carved from a piece of abalone shell.

Comment

Not a pocket knife by any stretch, but did anyone else see/purchase Bespoke's Damascus field knife this month?

Not EDC in the least, but daammmmmmmmn. It's in my Get Home Bag right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Brown View Post
                            Not a pocket knife by any stretch, but did anyone else see/purchase Bespoke's Damascus field knife this month?

Not EDC in the least, but daammmmmmmmn. It's in my Get Home Bag right now.

Nice. price?

Comment

Nice. price?
                              It was one of their monthly box offerings, AKA the usual house price of $45 for subscribers ($55 for everyone else), which is bonkers for a full-tang Damascus blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Brown View Post
                                It was one of their monthly box offerings, AKA the usual house price of $45 for subscribers ($55 for everyone else), which is bonkers for a full-tang Damascus blade.
                                ah, dang.

Comment

Working...
                                X