Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of bedsheets does everyone have?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    I'm pretty sure that we just use standard cotton sheets purchased from Ikea. Certainly not high end or anything like that. I dare say bedding is the one area where we don't spend a lot of money.
    This. I never gave bedding much of a thought until now.

    Comment


      #17
      You guys with cheap bedding are missing out. Spend $500 on a suit but not bed sheets? I wasn't a believer until my wife introduced me. Sometimes you can get Sferra from Tuesday Morning or on a good sale at a lot of places but their sheets are worth it.

      Comment


        #18
        We purchased a set of Brooklinen sheets when we bought a new bed a few months ago. They are a little pricey at about ~$100 for a set but they've been awesome. On the total other end of the spectrum, we also purchased a set by Mellanni off of amazon (which has an absurd # of reviews) for when our brooklinens are in the wash. The Mellannis are actually really good, especially given the price is $20-30.

        Comment


          #19
          Not exactly Dappered, but still cheaper than a lot of high end sheets, I've had great experience with Parachute bedding, and their light grey linen sheets are a favorite of my SO and me.

          https://www.parachutehome.com/collections/linen-bedding

          Comment


            #20
            I don't get nearly enough sleep, so it's important for me to maximize the quality of sleep when I'm actually in bed. I run pretty hot and there's nothing worse than waking up soaked in sweat.

            I use 100% cotton percale sheets from Target's Threshold brand. Percale is cool and crispy, but wrinkles a lot. Also I just got rid of my old comforter which was way too hot and bought Brooklinen's lightweight down "comforter" (a.k.a. duvet?).

            The Sweethome is one of my favorite sources for home product reviews. They're very extensive. They have recommendations for best sheets, comforter, duvet cover, etc. Worth checking out.
            Edit: here's a link to their best sheets article

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
              You guys with cheap bedding are missing out. Spend $500 on a suit but not bed sheets? I wasn't a believer until my wife introduced me. Sometimes you can get Sferra from Tuesday Morning or on a good sale at a lot of places but their sheets are worth it.
              ^^^

              You spend a third of your life in bed. Bedsheets are a relatively cheap way to upgrade your comfort during a huge chunk of your time.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                You guys with cheap bedding are missing out. Spend $500 on a suit but not bed sheets? I wasn't a believer until my wife introduced me. Sometimes you can get Sferra from Tuesday Morning or on a good sale at a lot of places but their sheets are worth it.
                I'm sure people are missing out but I cannot afford to go big time every where around my house just because it's "better". Like most things in life it's a trade off. For me I don't notice a difference and cheaper sheets have performed adequate. In the choice between the two I'd put more money into the mattress then the bedding.

                Comment


                  #23
                  I'm also a fan of Target' percale sheets for the summer. They're cool and crispy, they make crunchy sounds when you move in bed. But they are comfortable. Otherwise I have a couple pairs of decent cotton sheets from Macy's for winter. Flannel sheets are my next purchase....

                  I have a down comforter on top, fleece blanket in between for winter. I keep my house 60 to 64 at night in winter. I already paid for my comforter, I don't need to pay for heat.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                    I'm sure people are missing out but I cannot afford to go big time every where around my house just because it's "better". Like most things in life it's a trade off. For me I don't notice a difference and cheaper sheets have performed adequate. In the choice between the two I'd put more money into the mattress then the bedding.
                    I agree. I would order it mattress>pillows>sheets. We have been remodeling our master bathroom and have had to sleep in the guest room and I really miss our bedroom mattress.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Hierophant View Post
                      ^^^

                      You spend a third of your life in bed. Bedsheets are a relatively cheap way to upgrade your comfort during a huge chunk of your time.
                      Yeah, but as long as they're good enough, you're also spending most of that huge chunk of your time asleep. So you're not really appreciating them.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by amg1016 View Post
                        We purchased a set of Brooklinen sheets when we bought a new bed a few months ago. They are a little pricey at about ~$100 for a set but they've been awesome.
                        I saw their ad on the subway and was thinking about trying them. Glad to hear you like them.



                        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Picked up some Frette Percale from Gilt, Linen from Restoration Hardware (clearance), and Linen from Muji (in store clearance). Rotate them, although I find the percale to sleep a little warmer than the linen. I sleep hot, so never really need flannel or even sateen.

                          Keep seeing the Lands End Oxford sheets mentioned on dappered, somewhat curious about them even though I really don't need more sheets.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I got the Lands End oxford cotton.. they are really good. Nice and soft, breathable, highly recommended.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I actually just bought a set of Land's End Percale sheets, which arrived over the weekend. They feel nice, but I havent had time to wash and try them out yet. Looking forward to it. We've only ever had average cotton sheets.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X