Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of bedsheets does everyone have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of bedsheets does everyone have?

I have a pretty simple down comforter, but it's way too hot for summer months.

What's a good source to look into lightweight blankets for my bed?

Duvet. Love it. I run warm so I have one of the 'cool' breathable ones from IKEA. When I had air conditioning I used it all year round. Now I don't have AC so for the hottest months I switch to a thin cotton blanket I also got at IKEA.

Comment

As for sheets, do you have sateen or percale/plain weave? Percale runs a bit cooler than sateen.

Comment

We keep our house at 69*F for sleeping all year round. We have Sferra sheets and I couldn't tell you the blanket. It is a duvet of some sort. We used to use a Sferra blanket but the comfort varied nightly so once we switched to a duvet cover we have been great going on 2 years.

Having slept on both, Sferra and Frette sheets are worth the cost.

Comment

i think i just get the nicest thing that doesn't look gawdy that i can at BBB or target and try to clean them and take care of them as long as I can.

Comment

Linen during the summer months and flannel for winter, usually we have some sort of blanket with the sheets my wife has a loose weave wool that works really well for summer months because it doesn't get very warm
            Really though we just crank up the ac to 67 at night because I run hot and have a hard time sleeping already. We just don't run it during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Linen bedsheets all year round (I bought mine from a Lithuanian supplier on Etsy -- they grow a lot of linen in Lithuania -- but you can get decent ones from The Company Store). During the summer I use a second, heavier linen sheet because I'm used to sleeping under weight; during the winter I have a Pendleton wool blanket.

Comment

Lands End Linen sheets (drop down to $120 with a 50% discount). Absolutely love them.

Down comforter year round. Nothing beats the weight of a down comforter.

Comment

Originally posted by paintflinger View Post
                  Lands End Linen sheets (drop down to $120 with a 50% discount). Absolutely love them.

Down comforter year round. Nothing beats the weight of a down comforter.
                  Damn. Now that everyone's talked about them (and I'd never even heard of them) I am really intrigued by the idea of linen sheets. Queen is sold out/backordered 'til October on Lands' End.

I use nice-ish cotton ones in summer and flannel for the rest of the year. For blankets, I've got a couple quilts my mom made and a wool blanket from Faribault Woolen Mills. Honestly, my room doesn't get particularly hot or cold (75-78 in summer, 68-70 in winter) so I don't really switch things up much other than changing between regular and flannel sheets. When it's warmer I will usually just push the quilt off and sleep under a sheet.
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Damn. Now that everyone's talked about them (and I'd never even heard of them) I am really intrigued by the idea of linen sheets.
                    They're absolutely a different world in terms of sleep comfort, especially if you overheat/sweat at night.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      Damn. Now that everyone's talked about them (and I'd never even heard of them) I am really intrigued by the idea of linen sheets. Queen is sold out/backordered 'til October on Lands' End.

I use nice-ish cotton ones in summer and flannel for the rest of the year. For blankets, I've got a couple quilts my mom made and a wool blanket from Faribault Woolen Mills. Honestly, my room doesn't get particularly hot or cold (75-78 in summer, 68-70 in winter) so I don't really switch things up much other than changing between regular and flannel sheets. When it's warmer I will usually just push the quilt off and sleep under a sheet.
                      They're a bit...textured (not scratchy per se), but they soften up after the first wash. I think the thing I like the most is that they breath so well and even if you sweat on them, they tend to dry quickly as well. I would have bought a second set, but I'm holding off to see if they last.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that we just use standard cotton sheets purchased from Ikea. Certainly not high end or anything like that. I dare say bedding is the one area where we don't spend a lot of money.

Comment

At least for winter I prefer fleece sheets to flannel. Game changer lol. You all seem to keep your houses much colder than mine. I set the thermostat to 76 when home in summer. That means it's usually around 76-80 upstairs. I just use the sheet alone.

Comment

LL Bean sheets, flannel for winter, jersey knit for summer. Quilts on top, or just top sheet - my preference in mildly warm weather is open windows, rather than air conditioning, though the wife does not always agree.

Comment

I use the Threshold linen-cotton blend from Target. Easy to get a set on sale, much cheaper than pure linen, with most of the breathability benefits. Plus an IKEA duvet with the warm quilt inside. I sleep warm but like a heavy blanket (go figure).

Comment

Working...
                              X