Steal Alert: Original Chippewa for J.Crew cap-toe boots for $119.99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarick View Post
    Also, if anyone had the 9 and wishes they had the 8.5 let me know!
    If they don't work out for you, I may be interested in them. I'm a 8.5 and a little Large fit won't hurt for winter use.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
      If they don't work out for you, I may be interested in them. I'm a 8.5 and a little Large fit won't hurt for winter use.
      I'll definitely let you know. I'm going to give them a day or two walking around the house to see if they feel any better. Wearing normal athletic socks now and it's still really tight on the right foot only.

For reference, I typically wear 9 in wider fitting sneakers, 9W for Sperry Top Siders, 9E or so for AE, although I did jump up to 9.5 for a pair of J&M Conards I got last year and down to 8.5W for a pair of Timberland boots I got a couple years ago for winter wear. These 8.5 almost seem TTS rather than boot sized.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarick View Post
        I'll definitely let you know. I'm going to give them a day or two walking around the house to see if they feel any better. Wearing normal athletic socks now and it's still really tight on the right foot only.

For reference, I typically wear 9 in wider fitting sneakers, 9W for Sperry Top Siders, 9E or so for AE, although I did jump up to 9.5 for a pair of J&M Conards I got last year and down to 8.5W for a pair of Timberland boots I got a couple years ago for winter wear. These 8.5 almost seem TTS rather than boot sized.
        Awesome. Take your time, I'll have to wait for payday anyway if it doesn't work out for you. I also wear 8.5 in Sperry but I'm a pretty close to 8.5 in dress shoes/boots (sometimes I can get away with 8 if they're wide enough).

Comment

Good things come to those who (are forced to) wait.

Size 13 on the cap toes back in stock, and 50% off today! See if these get canceled. Also picked up the cotton blazer....my wife is going to kill me when all these boxes show up. Guess I'll return those bucks...

Comment

I own a pair of the Bean Katahdin plain toe boots made by Chippewa and in my case they were true to size. A liitle heel slippage at first but now they fit great with wool socks. Not sure if tight boots will break in. Just my experience with Chippewa boots.

Comment

I ended up going to a Red Wing store and got fit for a pair of Iron Rangers. 8.5D seemed to work really well, snug on the sides and a tiny bit of heel slip but no pain. So I would definitely say the Chippewas are true to size.

Comment

Originally posted by SaWuttae View Post
                Anyone else's order get canceled? I'm a bit sad....
                Yep, mine too.

Comment

Boots came in, consistent sizing with my Green Suede pair. A tiny bit wide and a bit longer than your typical 10D. Perfect boot sizing imo when worn with cushioned wool socks. The color of this leather is great, a nice cordovan, but in a worn looking manner (not an even color layer). The caps on mine are not uniform, but for $120 I'm not going to quibble. The leather is nice and thick, not too stiff, and it feels like it will break in nicely. Finally, man these boots smell good.

Comment

Finally got mine in hand - they're a touch more narrow than my service boots, which I prefer personally. I expect that they'll break in perfectly, and they'll work great as a boot for chinos and jeans.

Comment

Mine came in yesterday. They seem pretty true to size. I have a narrow foot so these are a bit wide as expected, but not terrible.

Build looks nice, I like the cordovan color. A sure keeper for $100.

Comment

Mine came in Wednesday, and seem true to size. Unfortunately, one of my feet is bigger than the other - the left fit perfect, but the right is a bit large. Hoping it won't be too bothersome after some break in. Very red - the website was wildly wrong on color.

Comment

Working...
                        X