Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steal Alert: Original Chippewa for J.Crew cap-toe boots for $119.99

Afternoon--

Does anyone have experience on the sizing with these? Reviews seem to indicate TTS or close to it, but want to confirm.

For reference, I'm a 9.5C on the Brannock, a 10B in the 65 last, a 10 in Converse Chucks, Vans and New Balance, and a 9.5 in most other "dress shoes."

Many thanks!
    Last edited by BillN; June 21, 2017, 01:51 PM.
    Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
    Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

I sure wish J Crew and Banana (and other places!) offered larger shoe sizes. I wear a 15 and never get to partake of great shoe deals!

Comment

I've got a pair of J Crew Chippewa's in Green suede. I believe that they are 10D and they fit like a 10E, so perfect imo. I actually jumped on this sale as these are quite comfy boots (a bit stiff at first).

Comment

Can anyone confirm Joe's suspicion that these might be Goodyear welted?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a pair of the regular 6" service boots by Chipp and they run TTS. Can confirm that those ones are GYW, knowing Chippewa I would lean towards saying these ones most likely are GYW as well.

Comment

My Chips (not this model but a similar one) are TTS in terms of boot sizing, so, they run a bit long and narrow. Pretty similar to what you would find from Red Wing, Danner, Wolverine, etc. And mine are definitely GYW, I would find it hard to believe that these would not be, since mine are the junky regular ones they were making before they got on board the heritage American footwear bandwagon and started doing J.Crew collaborations.
            Ben

Comment

Oh of course they have to be out of 8 & 8.5

Comment

Dat Dappered effect doe.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  My Chips (not this model but a similar one) are TTS in terms of boot sizing, so, they run a bit long and narrow....
                  So, probably the 9 if I'm a 9.5C measured? Got both sizes sitting in the bag right now and waiting to pull the trigger.

b.
                  --Jason Isbell

Comment

And, nevermind. Both sizes went OOS while I was dithering.
                    --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                      Aww

Comment

Anybody know whether they have full grain uppers?

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                          I ordered both 9 and 9.5 to make sure that I got a good fit - if you're still interested once I get delivery on them and the size seems right, I could pass the others on to you.

FWIW, I've got 2 pairs of the Chipp service boots, both 9.5, and 1 pair fits perfectly while the other is fine length-wise, but feels like it has too much volume. I'm a 10.5 in athletic shoes, and wear 9.5 in AE.

Comment

Originally posted by Weathered View Post
                            I ordered both 9 and 9.5 to make sure that I got a good fit - if you're still interested once I get delivery on them and the size seems right, I could pass the others on to you.

FWIW, I've got 2 pairs of the Chipp service boots, both 9.5, and 1 pair fits perfectly while the other is fine length-wise, but feels like it has too much volume. I'm a 10.5 in athletic shoes, and wear 9.5 in AE.
                            That's super generous. Let's chat when you get your delivery and see if we can work something out. Many thanks.
                            --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              Dat Dappered effect doe.
                              it's the reddit/r/frugalmalefashion + the dappered effect that cause all the good sizes to be OOS.

Comment

Working...
                              X