No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero: I tried switch to the non s version of the bayfield and now Edward is saying those are seconds....

I will just keep my order as is with chroexel on order.

Comment

Man, feel like everyone is grabbing a pair here and there. You all know your size/ae last or are you guys "gambling" on your general dress size?

Comment

I've never owned a pair of AEs and don't have a store near me, but I am an 11M in my pair of wingtips and an 11.5 in desert boots, so I'm just going to gamble on the 11s I guess?

Comment

@mixto I'm gambling on this one. There's a somewhat great chance that both of the shoes I ordered will be too big.

Comment

I'm gambling, I guess. But I've fit fine into 2 other pairs of AE's with my typical 12D size so I'm not particularly concerned.

Comment

So Nate got back to me real quick. Kind of a silly question I guess, but on his list is the "Player's Shoe Walnut" but in color "Chocolate" and with number 9752S. The chocolate suede is also listed but as 9772S in color "Snuff". Does anyone have a picture of these two shoes? On the AE website Chocolate Suede and Snuff Suede are different colors with different numbers, and there is no walnut, or any shoe with number 9572.

Comment

As for the walnut, I understand that it may have been a Nordstrom exclusive so AE will have some seconds even though they never sold it through other retail outlets (including their own website). I figure they will have a better idea of what is going on than we will so if you order something, they'll either tell you they have it or they don't. I think the description supersedes the color, though.

Comment

I spoke with Edward & Bayfield + Players both are seconds.

Comment

So thoughts on the walnut players versus the walnut lombards?

Comment

I went half-sies with a co-worker, we both bought the Player's in Walnut.

Comment

@BrownCow: I much prefer the Players, but that's just one guy's opinion. Plus the Players are seconds and the Lombards are firsts. Have you done a google image search to see what the Lombard looks like from every angle?

@splitplug: Smart!

Comment

IIRC, Lombards have rubber soles & Players have leather soles. Not sure about the others outside of the broguing.

Comment

@Browncow I looked at pictures and they are almost identical. The major difference lies in the sole. Lombard is rubber, while Player's is leather. Since they look so identical and I live in WI, I went for the Lombard, simply because I could get a first, while Player's would have been a second (not that it is necessarily bad).

Comment

I went with a pair of Walnut Player's Shoes and some Bayfield Boots in Black, both seconds. Hoping for good things.

Comment

Well I ended up with the Snuff suede players shoe as well. I also picked up the Strawfut in brown/brown. I'll see how they look in person. I feel like they could be a great casual shoe.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                                X