Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>

If they do this again this year, my wallet may run and hide... </blockquote>

Really? Mine might come out to play! My only regret on the last 2 for $200 was that I only got 2 pairs.

Comment

I emailed the ME store, answer was:

* Nov 5 - 21 = 2 for $300

o Neumok brown, blue

o Mayfair

o Tampa

o Links

o Walden

Guess I won't be getting Strands, Players or Parks in 2012

Comment

That's pretty weak...

Comment

With the rise in prices...I'm thinking the 2:200 deals is all but history now. From the CEO:

"It depends on the leather used and whether our plant is working overtime (as it is regularly these days). Cordovan leather costs a great deal more per foot than calfskin. Cordovan takes much longer to tan in a more complex process. Certain calfskin colors are also more expensive. The total cost is over $100 on a direct production costing basis. Indirect costs such as inventorying, delivery, systems, stores, as well as marketing etc. add up a lot, too. Improving our overall profitability is a goal of ours so we can invest more into growing our business."

Sounds like they would be losing money with 2:200 dollar deals now.

Comment

They were probably losing money before, too. I asked the guy at the AE outlet when he thought there may be another one and he said the last one was "once in a lifetime" and that it will likely never happen again. Like I said, I should have bought more. :-P

Comment

Would be nice if they could give us something such as 2 for $400 or 3 $500...

Comment

I'm sure there will be a better 2 for $300 someday. As for the 2 for $200 - there was a good Amazon deal recently where I scored brown Fifth Avenues for just under $200, I think.

Comment

dang i was really hoping to get a couple of pairs this time around. looks like i'll be looking into the meermin now. just not sure how all that vat business works.

Comment

Bobby, you can run a search on the Meermin thread I created a long time ago. If you ship to USA, they automatically deduct the VAT price.

Comment

Working...
                    X