No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up the north platte (that is, proto-daltons + lug sole) earlier this week for $129. Anyone have any experience with these boots? They are scorchingly beautiful and seem like ideal for my semester in England next fall, but it would help to hear some reviews to reassure myself, not to mention my wallet

Comment

On another note, I've REEEEALLY been needing some black or dark brown dressy shoes for upcoming interviews, and I haven't really been on here in a few days. It looks like I picked a good day to pop my head in.

Comment

This sale is really tempting, but the wife and I are looking at houses so more shoes are probably not a good idea right now.

Comment

I like a lot of the shoes on there but I can't find any that I really want. I already have the Player's Shoe in walnut and the MacAllister in black. Not sure if I need another pair of wingtips, though some in suede would be nice. Can't pull the trigger on the Amoks either - reviews seem pretty mixed.

Comment

I need more shoes like i need a hole in my head but I ordered anyway. I really wanted the Brown Bayfield but they sold out in my size. So, I ordered the Brown Malvern and the Walnut Lombard. Also, ordered Navy Suede Player's for a friend. I started a separate thread looking for a belt to match the Navy Suede Player's.

Comment

@runner-guy: Between vet bills for a sick dog and my wife taking a new job with a paycut, things are pretty tight for us, too. But we've already put a new pair of dress shoes on our financial roadmap (silly, right?), and it just so happened to take buying a second pair to get there (and $200 is a good deal for even a single pair let alone two). As for the 3rd pair I bought, well... That could come out of my personal "mad money" budget if I decide to keep them, but I may be returning them, anyway. I figured I would order first while they're still in stock and then decide about keeping them later.

Comment

Just curious how you knew about the sale. I signed up for emails from the outlets and didn't receive any kind of notice, unless it went into my spam folder...

Comment

Thinking of getting the players in sand (I've been holding out for gray suede oxfords but can't find any) but the sand almost seems *too* light for me. Amok seems like a miss, so I'm going to pass on it. Would like some walnut shoes, and the rubber-soled Lombards would do the trick.

Edit: Winthrop looks awesome for a driving loafer at the price... blah, I just got a pair of new boat shoes (old ones are dead). I've got two pairs of dress shoes: Park Avenues and an old pair of Bostonians in brown (brogued, wingtipped, grain/smooth leather combo things). Are there any nice brown or burgandy colored dress shoes y'all would recommend to replace my Bostonians?

Comment

@BJ: I was feeling the same way until I really started to dig. When I didn't see many names I recognized, I was a little dissappointed, but I ended up with 3 pairs that I was not previously familiar with. It sounds like you already have some really good ones, though. Seriously, how many wingtips does a person need? :-)

@Juan: I sort of feel the same way when I look at the size of my growing shoe collection, but I still manage to find niches I can fill. BTW, I like your two picks. The Malvern isn't getting much attention on this thread, but I think it could prove to be very versatile.

Comment

@LosRockets: This sale seems to be pretty weak on dress shoes... or at least in my size. I picked up the Hales (perfed cap toe balmorals) in black, but they didn't have any browns in my size. The only brogues I'm seeing are pretty casual.

Comment

@LosRockets, I'm in the same boat. I want to like the Player's Sand, but they are a little light for me. I've been trolling eBay for burgundy wingtips. Just from about 6 months of observation, burgundy shoes go on sale much less often than the other leathers from AE. Nearly all the burgundy shoes available in 9D were loafers, which I'm not that interested in. They did have one pair of the Lombard in burnished burgundy, but I was too slow.

Comment

Where is everybody able find out which styles are avaliable with this sale.

Comment

@nbyrne: Email either Edward at the Freeport store [email protected] or Nate at the Shoe Bank [email protected] (just one of them since they grab from the same inventory database) and ask for a list of shoes that qualify for the 2 for $200 sale in whatever size and width you're looking for.

Then you can place an order over email or give them a call (their email replies should contain their phone numbers). If you do email, you'll have to provide your billing info which is why I prefer calling.

Comment

After this shoe purchase, I'm done buying shoes this year. Maybe for the next couple of years. I'm counting off my purchases in my head, and, unless I forgot something, I've bought 11 pairs of shoes since the beginning of the year. I finally found a pair of quality dress shoes so my search is coming to a close. In a perfect world, I would also have a pair of dark brown dress shoes, but enoguh is enough.

Comment

I went with the bayfields in brown chromexcel and the player's in walnut.

He wouldn't do 3 pairs for $300, so I just dropped the brown chocolate player's shoe I was considering. (The snuff was sold out)

Comment

Working...
                                X