No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got an updated list, in the "sprit" of the $100 per pair thread, they still have Chili Ithaca for $99 in many sizes...

Comment

The Ithaca is part of their lower end line that gets mixed reviews. It originally retails for $175 so its not a steal like the others, either.

Comment

Still waiting for my MacNeil's to break in, only worn them a few times. I'm actually wearing them right now, they still have that amazing leather smell

Comment

Before any First wear, I would recommend a conditioning of the uppers and a polish. This will help keep the leather protected as well as supple which will help the break in period. I personally, condition twice and polish twice on a brand new pair of shoes before wearing.

Comment

I LOVE MY BAYFIELDS!!!

... that is all.

Comment

@Alan - I'm wearing mine out tonight, as we have a little cooler rainy weather coming through South Dakota today. Post some picks in WIWT!

Comment

Anyone know how often they have these kind of sales?

Comment

Anyone have any success returning one pair of shoes without being charged extra? The San Marcos I ordered are just too narrow in the toe box, but the Player's seem fine.

Comment

@thejagman: twice a yr. Next 2/200 is probably in November.

Comment

@redbeardedmike

They offered me to return just 1 and get a refund of $100 (I ended up returning both anyways).

Try returning it to the store. They dont care about such stuff. They'll refund you the amount listed on the packing slip/receipt

Comment

When are the Nordstrom and Amazon sales on AE? I'm in need of a loafer and can't believe I whiffed on this sale. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I threw the Montgomery on ebay, feel too big and i'd rather fifth or park aves in black also walnut strands.

Still not even close In comfort to my 3 year old Rockport shoes that I spent 100 on. I expected angels to sing when I put these on, and so far its a fat lady.

Comment

Got my Ithaca in and they were pretty sad (just wasn't impressed)...Since there's no E.A. stores near me, is there anyway to return them via mailing them somewhere?

Comment

That sucks, I thought the ithaca in chili looked good on the website. You can mail them back, just call the store you bought them from.

My fitting experience hasn't been so great due to the last being different, I had to change the lacing pattern in my Players due to them hurting top of foot. Strawfut fit nicely though, still a bit of pressure on top of foot with euro bar lacing.

Still not sure why so many people say they are such comfortable shoes though, far from being an ideal shoe. Maybe if you're 300+lbs the hard sole with zero padding feels better? I don't wear runners with shocks on them either, I like my solid thin sole shoes.

Comment

@shad0w4life: Someone said this on a post over at StyleForum regarding "cheap" versus expensive shoes:
                                <blockquote>

Upscale shoes are 3 things:

1) More expensive.

2) Less comfortable.

3) More stylish and distinctive
                                </blockquote>

As I've been moving away from running shoes to other shoes I've given up on wanting dress shoes to be as comfortable as running shoes, but I'm accepting that they're not as uncomfortable as I feared.

I wouldn't be surprised if your Rockports are more comfortable than AE shoes. My Ecco shoes have been comfortable out of the box. But I'm starting to give up on a certain level of comfort for the appearance of the shoe because, quite frankly, I am developing a taste for nice looking shoes

Comment

Working...
                                X