No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my black Parliament's in the mail this afternoon. Absolutely flawless on the seconds, if they even were seconds. No signs of seconds marked anywhere on the shoe, and the shoes fit perfectly. They are very very comfortable and the 10EEE fits amazing with the orthopedic insoles. I'm very pleased with my two purchases as they turned out to be perfect without any flaws or problems what so ever. The AE shoe trees fit pretty good as well.

Comment

@Tat: As far as I'm aware, all Parliaments were firsts. Like I said before, I'm a little jealous. :-)

Comment

I'd be curious to see how they determine seconds. I got 3 pairs total (one of which was returned as it was too large) and all 3 were flawless. I'm no expert but I'm not an idiot either and I could find 0 issues whatsoever. Then some of the pictures people have posted here are "seconds" which really look like they should be garbage. There is quite the range apparently.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Seconds probably range from retail returns to actual factory seconds that didn't pass inspection

my experiences

Malverns in Brown Grain: only a very small imperfection of the leather on the toe

Moras in Brown: 2nd and 3rd hole on the strap of one shoe are not punched in correct position

Lombards in walnut: complete misalignment of the Blucher uppers on one shoe

Cordovan MacNeil & Cordovan Cambridge: small area of coloration.

Strands: brogue completely off center on toe cap of one shoe

Comment

I emailed them asking about the 2 for $200 just to see in the off chance they would make an expectation even though it expired. They didn't, but they did send me a pdf with prices...You could always email them and they'll send you a pdf...I don't know if I'm allowed to post prices so I just mention a range...

They have a memorial day sale, however...ALL are SECONDS, from the $119-$199 range:

1 Up Golf Shoe, Black or Brown

Carlsbad, Chili, Black or Walnut

LaSalle, Black or Chili

Nashua, Black or Brown

Stand, Walnut

Wibert, Brown

Comment

TheJagMan, how much was the 1 Up?

EDIT: Never mind. I called. It's $199. Bummer...

Comment

I recently asked for a current inventory list (the ME place) and the salemans emailed me one with pricing for my size...Several dozen shows, 60/40 factory first/seconds...Majority were selling for $129...

Comment

So I finally returned the 2 pairs that didn't fit well. It was easy at my local store. Kept the Bayfields and Hales. All is right in the universe again.

Comment

Alan, you should have bought them in black. Would have made all the difference

Comment

Well the Hales are in black. That'll have to do. :-)

Comment

@Alan, well at least now you have 1 too many black shoes :P

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Will upload pics in a minute...everything I got looks flawless.

Shoes feel stiff and hard compared to the old Rockports I have, which I find surprising. They are slip ons though..but still I'd expect $300+ shoes to wow me in the comfort department, so far that's failed. I LOVE the players walnut, I think I must get a pair of Strands now in Walnut.

True colour without flash on

By shad0w4life at 2012-05-23

Flash on for details.

Black thing is the lace.

White specks are just dust/debris from shipping

Comment

AE's are supposed to contort to your foot over time and become more comfortable. Mine have yet to do that, but i only have about 5 wears on them.

Comment

After a few uncomfortable wears, the Player's have both really conformed to my feet. Very, very comfortable now.

Comment

It only took a single wear for my AE Bagleys to really fit me well.

Comment

Working...
                                X