No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty disappointed. I asked what constituted as 'seconds' and this was definitely not described. I'm sending an email to Edward right now to see if any other Players are available in 10D, and I'm even willing to give 9.5E a shot if available since I had so much room in the toe box.

Comment

@LosRockets - those seconds aren't actually too bad IMO. The main reason being the really bad warping is on the inside of that one foot, so no one would ever really see it.

If Edward can't swap them out, they probably aren't a bad deal for $100.

Comment

Edward said he can't swap them out because there are none left but he apologized and said such quality shouldn't have made it out the door to me. My Malvern look great and so he's offered to do 1 for $100 and allow me to return the other.

@Zero: The really bad warping is on the outside of that foot, check again! If it were on the inside I'd consider keeping them.

Comment

So I survived wearing my tight Hales yesterday - no permanent damage to my feet or the shoes. The rear-reinforced eyelets are a major boon. When I got home, I put my widest pair of shoe trees in them and let them stretch overnight even more. I think its all helped a little bit, but they're still too tight to call them comfortable. Ill wear them a couple more times to try stretching them the free way, and then its off to the cobbler. One way or another, though, I'm confident that I can get them to fit.

Comment

As for the Bayfields, its just too hot to wear them until fall roles back around. Looking forward to it, though!

Comment

@LosRockets - How are you on width on the 10D? Were they narrow on you or did you have room?

I'm asking because I have a an new pair of 10Bs I'm going to be selling shortly. Bought them at Nordstrom Rack and condition is excellent. I would sell for them here for $100 (plus tax + shipping). But they are B's, so a size narrow.

They were narrow enough to fit my 9D foot, but my toes did not fill out the box, so I bought 9Ds in the recent 2nds sale and don't need the second pair (still unworn out of the house). I can take measurements or post pictures if you're interested. Direct email is silencio at gmail.

Comment

I'll try them on again tonight and respond. Thanks for letting me know! How much more narrow are B's compared to D's? Also, there's a 9.5D available for sale through AE according to Edward. I don't know if the 9.5D/10B will be too narrow. I'll head to my local AE store tomorrow or Saturday to try them on and figure things out. Will email you if interested. Thanks so much!

Comment

@LosRockets - I measured and the 9D measures 4.25" at its widest point (on the sole side) and the 10B is a hair over 4"

Comment

Oooh, I think I'm going to have to pass. Thanks though!

Comment

I got the Van Ness shoes today. Not a single scratch / scuff / sign of wear. I lucked out on the 2nd attempt.

Comment

I purchased the Strawfut brown / brown mesh shoe along with black Parliament (which have the same stitching detail as the Strand, but on a different last, also come with orthopedics & a rubber sole on a closed lace oxford). Anyways, the Strawfut's came in today, and they are immaculate. I see no signs of seconds marked anywhere, and no flaws what so ever on these shoes. They are absolutely perfect. Now I'm hoping to get in the Parliament's tomorrow and see how those are, and I hope the two shoe trees I order come in to...

Comment

@pratyk: Very nice! So this sale wasn't a total bust across the board. :-)

@Tat: Good to hear on those Strawfuts, but I think it's the Parliaments that are the real catch for anyone that could still find them in their size. I'm a little jealous. :-) What color did you order them in?

Comment

Has anyone tried returning to a local store yet? I haven't had the chance, but I'm going to try this weekend.

Comment

I purchased the Parliaments in black. I needed to replace my black Sanford's due to sizing and comfort issues. My Sanford's I purchased about 6 months ago were a size 10E which I thought I could get away with due to the width sizing, but I was wrong. They hurt to wear more than 5 hours. Hopefully with these 10EEE Parliament's that will arrive, I can then throw my Sanford's on eBay and make some money back. They should be in today, and I will update on how they are.

Comment

@Alan.

I returned 2 pairs of shoes to my local AE stores without any issues. They refunded the $$ back on the credit card I provided them.

Comment

Working...
                                X