No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@LosRockets When I asked Edward if he could ship my shoes with USPS, he said they were already shipped and gave my the UPS tracking info. I guess you can just ask him.

Comment

Anyone know if the sale is still running? Somewhat tempted to grab a pair of Hales and North Plattes since they are marked as "firsts"

Comment

@zero, I'd call (not email) Edward at the Freeport store to find out

@Alan, glad some worked out for you after all

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I think today's the last day for the sale.

Comment

hmm, sales ended yesterday.

Comment

What do you think of this? I bought from the Charleston store via phone because it is close to me. All of you have been receiving your orders and I've been waiting. I sent an email asking for a tracking number and this is the response:

"No tracking number yet – the shoe(s) is in production. Once it’s completed (2-3 weeks), I’ve requested that you receive the tracking information via this email address."

What the heck does that mean?

Comment

@burkhardty10: You may want to ask for clarification, but which shoe did you order? Is it a current-production shoe? If so, perhaps they ran out and instead of cancellign the order, are making a new one? Otherwise, perhaps they got orders criss-crossed? I mean, it could be anything...

Comment

Lombards and Bayfield

Comment

As one sales representative I spoke to mentioned "they were really scraping the bottom of the barrel on this sale"

lol.

Comment

Hmmm... Both of those are discontinued. You'll definitely want to call and figure out what's up.

Comment

Will post pics tomorrow, but I got my first shoe today (AE Mayfair). Is in great shape. The only issue is that there are two small bumps on the right shoe. One just looks a small bump, but the other is near the sole (hard to see) and looks like a scuff mark or tear. But it's so small and the shoes in such great shape that I'm keeping them.

My other pair is expected to come in tomorrow.

Comment

I got the Lombards last night. No noticeable damage / scuffing. A minor crease on one of the shoes but that's about it. They seem to be firsts (shoes were wrapped in felt/cloth bags vs. plastic bags) and the only negative seems to be have that someone had purchased and tried the shoes and returned them back to AE.

They even used the same AE shipping box that the prev. person used to send them back in! I'll post a picture after going home tonight.

Now waiting for my Van Ness shoes which I'm supposed to receive today.

Comment

I'm wearing the Hales for the first time today. They have plenty of room in the toe box, but are a little narrow through the mid section. Its not enough to send them back, though. I'm confident I can stretch them out with a few wears. And if I can't, the cobbler can.

@pratyk: Your Lombards sound like my Hales. They've obviously been tried on before, but it's nothing a few hours of wearing them wouldn't already do to them so it's hard to complain about.

Comment

Got my Walnut Players today! The width is perfect, I ordered my normal size 10D. Unfortunately, unlike my 10D Park Avenues, there's a substantial bit of room in the toe box. For reference, my big toe rests about halfway up the medallion. Nevertheless, they fit well! There's some discrepancy between the two shoes (left is near-perfect, right...not so much) and I wanted to show some pics to see what y'all thought. The right shoe has a panel that's warped like some of the bayfields shown earlier, and the toe looks darker and the broguing less defined than on the left shoe.

What do you think, should I keep them or is it too much? http://imageshack.us/g/195/p1020068zi.jpg/ Waiting for my suede malverns!

Comment

LosRockets, the wrinkles and warping on the right shoe looks awful. I wouldn't be satisfied with that. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X