No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@nftmlk: Best to call one of the outlet centers and the retail store you intend on returning it at just to make sure, unless you have an AE store really close by. The closest one to me is 1.5 hours away.

It seems, as pratyk said above, that he was told he could return them at a retail store.

Back in February, I asked Nate at the Shoe Bank and he said, "Since these are factory seconds, they should be shipped back to the store here in Port Washington if they need to be returned."

Comment

@Jessy - I know this is too late, but may be helpful for next time: if you order from Nathan at the Port Washington Shoebank, he will ship USPS instead of UPS (don't know if others do this as well). Fees ended up being $5 brokerage fee + sales tax on the order, and often end up being nothing if the package doesn't get flagged.

Comment

@nftmlk I called two different stores here in WI and they both said the same thing: If you buy two, then return one pair, you will need to pay full retail price for the pair you keep. Seems they are pretty strict about it, but YMMV.

Comment

@nftmlk Go in on it with a friend. But $200 for 2 pairs of well-crafted shoes is an amazing deal.

Comment

Well I don't want to rub in my good fortune but I have my 9.5D snuff suede players that are flawless. Along with the brown/brown strawfuts. Rad deal.

I do have a pair of snuff suede players in 10D that are too big. I need to pay for shipping to return them, so if someone wants them for $100 I'll cover shipping. They are really in great shape. Not sure why they are 2nds. FWIW, I usually wear a 10 but the shoe runs long. Not wide, just long.

If anyone wants them, let me know ASAP as I will be shipping them back Saturday.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Just returned both of my pairs to the retail outlet with no problems. The sales rep saw the huge gash in the player's shoe and was pretty shocked they passed them off as seconds.

Oh well, painless enough to return them and free shipping = no cost to me.

Comment

So aside from shoe trees, how would you guys care for a shoe like the Players in walnut, or the MacNeils? Wouldn't shoe cream mess up the stitching or brogueing?

Comment

I think walnut shoes look best well-polished. You need some sort of leather conditioner (AE sells one, meltonian creme, etc) and I would buy AE's walnut color polish and a horse hair brush. You only need very, very little product and most of it will buff out of the brogueing. Whatever doesn't buff out you can use a toothpick to get it out.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Got my shoes today. They mailed me the wrong shoe (Receipt scan they sent me clearly show the player's were what was ordered), instead of Walnut Player's, mailed me walnut Lombard seconds that have significant issues (top side lacing of right shoe is completely offside and misaligned . Going to call tomorrow.

On the other hand the Parliament was very comfortable with the orthopedic insert, and the Cordovan 2nds (Cambridge & MacNeils) were without significant issues beside uneven color.

BTW I'm between 7D and 7E and the Lombards in 7D were too tight for comfort, don't know if they'd stretch.

Comment

Bought some Ecco leather insoles, fit seems better, maybe a bit too narrow. I'll wear my Players tonight for the first time, I'll see how it goes.

Comment

Picked up my shoes today, so relieved that the shoes did not have any major issues

The only problem i see with the players is a slight marking on the right shoe on the edge

Minor scuffs on the bayfield

The AE lineup damage in the past few months.

Comment

Picked up my shoes today, so relieved that the shoes did not have any major issues

The only problem i see with the players is a slight marking on the right shoe on the edge

Minor scuffs on the bayfield

The AE lineup damage in the past few months.

Comment

So I tried my Hales on again, and they do fit better. Maybe my pessimism was getting the best of me the first time. When I changed the lace configuration, they fit even better. Those suckers are ready to wear! Since I have to keep one extra, I'm keeping the Bayfields. I've already forgotten about the little issue they have so they're great, too. I'll return the Players because they really are too tight, but otherwise I'd call my experience a success! The Hales have obviously been tried on instore, but otherwise they appear ready to go, and that was my whole reason for ordering so I'm satisfied..

Comment

How did y'all get tracking information for your purchases? Getting impatient!

Comment

@LosRockets: I didn't get any tracking info. I just waited for it all to show up. The receipts were in the boxes along with the packing slips.

Comment

Working...
                                X