No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I'm starting to think that my Players (and probably the Weybrige) will be too large. Return is not a option for me, so I guess I'll be getting some insoles.

I'm supposed to receive them today, but I probably won't be home soon, so I'll get them on Friday. I'm really nervous.

Comment

@Jessy: I'm a 10.5D (by the 5 last) and I ordered that size in the Player's and they run pretty true to size for me... but I bet that is because they feel a bit tight. The trade-off seems to be either they are a bit too large length wise (aka, your heel slips quite a bit - this is how it was for me in 11D) or tight across the feet (my case).

Comment

@aglass I'm in between a 6.5D and a 7D, almost 7C (measured by a Brannock device). Some shoes in size 7 are perfect, some are too long, causing my heel to slip. I ordered a 7D. I estimate that I would be a 6.5 in the 5 last, so I'm a bit worried.

EDIT : UPS guy tried to deliver the shoes, but I'm still at work (can't take deliveries here).

"The driver was unable to collect funds on the 1st delivery attempt."

Those are scary words for a Canadian.

Comment

I fear for you Jessy!

Im headed to the states this weekend to pick up my sand players and bayfields

Comment

$69.65 in fees (most of it is taxes, but still) on a $290 order (shoes, shoe trees, polish, polishing cloth + $45 shipping). Ouch. At least I'll be able to get my shoes tonight, I just have to pick them up at the UPS facility nearby.

Comment

So, I got my shoes. Both are too big in length (some heel slippage), but the width seems fine to me. I'll have to find thicker dress socks. And insoles. Or I don't know. I can't return them, it would cost me over $100 to do so.

The Players were wrinkled and had some other minor defects, but I can actually live with that.

The Weybridge were firsts and except a really minor crease on the right shoe, they indeed look new.

Bigger problem here, I also ordered shoe trees and one of them is broken. I sent them an email, we'll see what they'll do about it.

Comment

$70 does not sound too bad when half of that is taxes. Both of your shoes appear to arrive in good condition. The players will probably develop those wrinkles with wear. You might be able to smooth out the wrinkles with the shoe tree and conditioning the shoes.

I did not like how the weybridges look in most pictures, but they look pretty sharp in your pics.

Are you able to glue the shoe tree together? It looks like a wooden peg which holds the two pieces together broke. I wonder if you can use some wood glue to bound the two together.

Comment

Actually, looking at the invoice, I paid $17.59 in taxes, $17.92 in duties and $34.14 in brokerage fees. A bit more infuriating.

I guess I could just glue the shoe tree or find a way to repair the peg.

Comment

For what it's worth, I tried on my Player's again but this time properly laced them and that almost did the trick. I get a little bit of heel slippage, but I'm worried that sizing down a half would make them too narrow as they're pretty snug in width as it is. I think a heel gripper pad should do it though.

Comment

trash, if you wear them around the house on a carpeted surface for a day the heel slippage should go away.

Comment

@bruschetta - How can walking in shoes eliminate heel slippage? Never heard that one before.

Comment

@Jessy, it sounds like kind of a hassle to get the shoes. I'd say get some insoles to make them fit. They look pretty damn solid, otherwise.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

So I finally received the shoes today at the 3rd attempt by UPS..

Players - The fit is good. They are damaged on the back of the heel as if they were grazed by a sharp edge...

Bayfields - The sides are a little creased (seems like they were tried on by some people) which doesn't seem to be problematic. However, on the toe, there's an indentation as if there was something placed on the right shoe for a while..

I'm thinking about returning these.. Can I live with these defects? Any suggestions or comments are welcome..

more images here: http://imgur.com/a/aBvc5

Comment

Comment

@pratyk, the Bayfield could be fixed by using a shoe tree or even just stuffing rags in the toe. The Player... doesn't look easily fixed. If you love the shoe, keep it cuz I don't think folks will notice the lower back of the shoe anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X