No announcement yet.

Grey brogues that won't break the bank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought those looked familiar when I first saw this thread. I have those exact same ASOS shoes. Picked them up off their website for less than 30 bucks at the time. Quite the steal, since they're actually quite durable.

While they look like leather soles, they are actually a leather colored rubber.

Comment

@brokenbones: Sorry man, don't mean to hijack your thread, but since we're looking for exactly the same thing, I figured if I'll just post here, rather than creating a brand new one.

OK, so I've narrowed it down to two choices. Would appreciate any advice/comments to help me decide. I'm looking for a casual pair to wear for Spring/Summer (even Fall maybe):

Ben Sherman Quey

Florsheim No String Wing (thanks LosRockets)

I do plan on adding laces to the No Strings, if I end up getting those. Also, this might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the laces on the Quey can be replaced? I cannot tell from the picture as it's got a hidden knot.

Comment

I'm sure you could replace the laces. The no string one might not have the holes or the laces fully punctures. I like the color of the first better but I'm guessing the Florsheim will be better constructed.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Thanks greg_s! Though I'm pretty sure I can add laces to the No Strings as they are included, just don't come in the shoes already, by default.

Comment

You can definitely change the laces on the Ben Shermans. That's just how they like to lace the shoes for pictures online. It just gives you a better view of the shoe, without a knot in the way.

I personally like the wooden heel on the Ben Sherman's, over the plastic heel of the florsheims.

I have a pair of Tan BS bluchers and I'm very happy with them.

Comment

Working...
            X