Rolling up chinos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling up chinos

Hey guys. Here and there I've seen quite a few people rolling up their chinos, and other pants for that matter, and flashing some ankle. I can't decide if I like it or if I want to try it. What are your thoughts?

I think it's a good look if it's done right.

Comment

I say absolutely not. Don't like the rolled look at all. Jeans can look okay if that's your thing but to me rolling your chinos says "I didn't get these hemmed."

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

@tom

At first I was on the same page as you are. One day I decided to cave into the dark side and try it. Love it now.

I will roll them up a bit to show ankle but the rolls need to be smaller. It looks off if you have a giant wad of material floating above your ankle. Two inches or less is what for works me.

Comment

BJ, why can't you just try it and see if you like it?

Like with many things, rolling up your pants can look good or bad, depending on your body type, shoes, fit of your pants, your overall style, etc.

Comment

has to be the right pant. if it isnt tapered enough it will end up looking like balloon pants.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Aside from the fashion aspect, it also has functionality because it helps cool down your bottom half on a hot day. It's a nice way to get some circulation/air flow in your pants if you know what I mean

Comment

I too was in the "no rolling" camp, but I tried it, liked it, and now I do it out during the hot weather.

I second the need for tapered pants, otherwise you look like old school Captain America

(Although I guess technically he has he boots rolled down)

Comment

Can't stand it! Unlike others, while not liking it, I understand that it's probably more comfortable. I can't get over the whole looking like you're wading for crawdads thing, though.

Comment

I like it. I third for tapered pants- http://cdn.styleforum.net/2/2e/2e3714f4_c-benjamin.jpeg

Comment

I will cuff my chinos in summer when going sockless. Makes me feel like a Styleforum model. That's as far as I'm willing to go. Standing up it just barely shows ankle, but walking and sitting down give people the view they've been waiting for.

Comment

I do one roll which is more like a cuff. When it's hot out I'll do a few rolls and flash some ankles, but I also live on the beach. Think it looks weird otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                        X