Discontinued watch bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discontinued watch bands

Recently, the watch band on my Seiko broke. I brought it to my local jewelry store, which is also a Seiko dealer, and they said that the watch band has been discontinued and they can't get a new one. They are only allowed to go through Seiko to get new bands. However, after some discussion, they said that if I can find a replacement myself, they would be able to put it on. Has anyone ever purchased discontinued watch bands? I found www.watchbands.com and wondered if these are legit. This watch isn't a Rolex or anything, but my parents gave it to me for my 30th birthday (I'm 44 now), spent around $500 on it and I would like to get it repaired.

If anyone has experience with this situation, I would appreciate any information.

What Seiko is it? The model number should be on the back somewhere. Or post a picture.

Comment

Yeah a picture or model will help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Try Chronograph.com, they seem to stock a ton of OEM seiko bands that are discontinued or difficult to find.

Comment

Well first off I would ask you to clarify what kind of "band" you're talking about. If it's a leather strap then you can get one from just about anywhere. However if you mean an SS bracelet then it can prove difficult to find replacement stock ones. If that is the case? Definitely reach out to Yobokies over at the WuS forums. He really knows his Seiko's and can help source, or even make, a bracelet that will fit your watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
            Well first off I would ask you to clarify what kind of "band" you're talking about. If it's a leather strap then you can get one from just about anywhere. However if you mean an SS bracelet then it can prove difficult to find replacement stock ones. If that is the case? Definitely reach out to Yobokies over at the WuS forums. He really knows his Seiko's and can help source, or even make, a bracelet that will fit your watch.
            good point, I made an assumption it was a metal bracelet.

Comment

Working...
            X