Sleeve shortening w/ working buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeve shortening w/ working buttons

Hey all, I purchased a 34r H&M suit jacket and it fits perfectly except...... the sleeves are about an inch too long. Unfortunately, there are working buttons on it. Is this still possible?

A tailor should be able to shorten the sleeves but you might lose the functionality of the buttons.

Comment

That's not a problem at all (:

Comment

Some tailors will shorten from the shoulder, if you want to keep functionality, although it typically costs a lot more than a normal shortening.

Comment

As a guy who needs to get the sleeves shortened on every coat he owns, you can get it shortened at the top of the sleeve.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I didn't even think of shortening at the shoulder; BRILLIANT! I don't have T-Rex arms I normally need sleeves lengthen and a lot of times that is next to impossible.

Comment

The tailoring cost may be more than the jacket. I once had a jacket shortened from the shoulder and it cost $95. Fortunately, it became my favorite jacket and I've been wearing it for 7 years and counting.

Comment

Is this a jacket H&M has in stores right now? I don't know if I've ever seen a sport coat or suit jacket there with working button holes.

Comment

Yeah I bought it a few weeks ago!

Comment

Working...
                  X