warm weather non nipple-y white shirts? ie dress and henley options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

warm weather non nipple-y white shirts? ie dress and henley options

I'm still getting used to black colored clothes, which may hide sweat, but I can still get visible salt stains on any shirt that isn't white. Even the Uniqlo polos.
    I havn't found a light grey or blue, tan, etc shirt that can handle my sweat in a so cal summer but I'd be open to options.

What I have found which works for not seeing sweat as much are white shirts. Unfortunately summer weight shirts are very thin. Having lighter brown skin under white material doesn't seem to help either.

Have any recommendations for white shirts that are textured enough do hide nipples?
    The only two I have found so far are a woven patterned linen BR and a white-on-white seersucker from JCF. Both are button downs. I'd love to find some more options, maybe even some henleys.

Unfortunately it's a bit of a catch-22: if it's light enough for summer, it's probably thin enough to see through.

My only suggestion is to check out some of Charles Tyrwhitt's textured weave shirts. I've got a CT white royal oxford that's pretty light but completely opaque.

Comment

Can't go wrong with a classic Ralph Lauren Polo
      The most successful men’s fashion is conservative with just a hint of rebellion. - Rick Owens

Comment

Originally posted by jamesria9 View Post
        Can't go wrong with a classic Ralph Lauren Polo
        As far as polos go I'm good with my white Uniqlo polo, it's other colors or other shirt types I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Hierophant View Post
          Unfortunately it's a bit of a catch-22: if it's light enough for summer, it's probably thin enough to see through.

My only suggestion is to check out some of Charles Tyrwhitt's textured weave shirts. I've got a CT white royal oxford that's pretty light but completely opaque.
          I always thought of Royal oxfords as a denser weave/less breathable so I havn't given those a try. Thanks, I will have to test those.

Comment

I wear a grey tank top underneath. keeps a lot of the sweat off of my top shirt and hides the nips. doesn't really make me any warmer either. Of course, it is pretty humid here in Atlanta so you pretty much just always feel a little swampy once summer kicks in.

Comment

Any other warm weather but textured shirt options anyone likes?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post

I know you're partial to the Uniqlo polos, but I recently purchased one of these in grey. Seems sufficiently airy. Slightly different than white. I liked the one so much that I went back and ordered two more. (They're also $17 at the moment.) We'll see how well they hold up after a few washes.

Last year I bought a couple of short sleeve button up shirts from J Crew Factory. Different colors (navy, plaid, a solid white one, madras). Comfort wise, they were great. They just didn't get much wear because, apparently, that's not my favorite style.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                  I wear a grey tank top underneath. keeps a lot of the sweat off of my top shirt and hides the nips. doesn't really make me any warmer either. Of course, it is pretty humid here in Atlanta so you pretty much just always feel a little swampy once summer kicks in.
                  This.

I always wear a grey undershirt - Uniqlo Airism v necks will do wonders here.

Comment

Originally posted by ImagePree View Post
                    This.

I always wear a grey undershirt - Uniqlo Airism v necks will do wonders here.
                    I wear Uniqlo Airism v necks, too. And truth be told, they do little to help hide my nips when wearing thin shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                      I wear Uniqlo Airism v necks, too. And truth be told, they do little to help hide my nips when wearing thin shirts.
                      I was referring more to the sweat control and airing out. Personally, it also helps prevent chafing on me.
                      As for hiding the nips, well, mine are more on the smaller side so they're barely noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by ImagePree View Post
                        I was referring more to the sweat control and airing out. Personally, it also helps prevent chafing on me.
                        As for hiding the nips, well, mine are more on the smaller side so they're barely noticeable.
                        Agreed on all the benefits you listed. Primary reasons why I wear the Airism shirts. The Airism shirts are 100x better than the traditional cotton undershirt. But if OP's primary concern is concealing the ole nips, I don't think the Airism shirts are likely to deliver.

Comment

[MENTION=9736]C.Dubs[/MENTION]

Yea I agree. Airisms ticked enough boxes to warrant the mention, though.
                          I know. Nipple tape!

Comment

My indigo linen S&M button down hides the nips, but the pink one is a hair too transparent for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post

I just picked up the JCF garment dyed white polo. Hides my nips just fine, there is a decent texture to it. It also seems to breath well enough for Houston weather. I am a fairer complexion, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X