Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another wedding suit thread... need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Kenny
    replied
    Originally posted by dpark View Post
    I don't have suggestions for your suit, but I would probably point your groomsmen at JCF unless they are specifically expressing interest in nicer suits. You can get a good looking suit from JCF for slightly over $200 with easy exchanges.
    Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
    Was going to suggest JCF as well. Currently doing an up to 50% site wide discount. Worsted wool suits are $218 right now, they don't get much cheaper than that on there.
    Thanks! Yes i have pointed them at JCF as well but the two that need suits are possibly looking for nicer/more expensive suits since they don't own a navy suit at all. Both of them only own black suits from their early 20s of the Kenneth Cole variety. Time to upgrade a little lol

Leave a comment:

• Michael Kenny
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    First up, congats on the wedding!

Second up, I had the same dilemma as you an I ended up purchasing a blue three-piece Lazio form SuSu. I ended up getting the jacket tailored (and it's still there, getting tailored) and having the pants hemmed. The vest didn't need any work, which I'm grateful for since tailoring the vest can be on the expensive side. When I was on the SuSu website recently, I noticed the blue three-piece in my size is no longer available. Hopefully you can still get the suit in your size.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks! and Congrats to you as well!
    Definitely let me know your thoughts after you get it back from the tailor. I have tried on a Lazio in the past but it was just a little tight in the waist so it "belled" out a little. I wish SuSu made a three piece in the Sienna since it fits me spot on.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    First up, congats on the wedding!

Second up, I had the same dilemma as you an I ended up purchasing a blue three-piece Lazio form SuSu. I ended up getting the jacket tailored (and it's still there, getting tailored) and having the pants hemmed. The vest didn't need any work, which I'm grateful for since tailoring the vest can be on the expensive side. When I was on the SuSu website recently, I noticed the blue three-piece in my size is no longer available. Hopefully you can still get the suit in your size.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Rawfull
    replied
    Originally posted by dpark View Post
    I don't have suggestions for your suit, but I would probably point your groomsmen at JCF unless they are specifically expressing interest in nicer suits. You can get a good looking suit from JCF for slightly over $200 with easy exchanges.
    Was going to suggest JCF as well. Currently doing an up to 50% site wide discount. Worsted wool suits are $218 right now, they don't get much cheaper than that on there.

Leave a comment:

• dpark
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Kenny View Post
    I pointed my groomsmen to Combatant Gent, SuitSupply, Spier and Mackay, etc for some much cheaper yet nice options.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Kenny
    started a topic Yet another wedding suit thread... need advice.

Yet another wedding suit thread... need advice.

I am getting married in November so I still have some time to figured out my wedding suit. The only stipulation I have given my groomsmen is a navy suit and brown dress shoes. Most of them have that; 2 do not.

I am looking for a 3 Piece Navy/Blue/ Suit for myself that I will spend between 1k-2k on since I want something nicer. I am debating between something higher end off the rack (tough to find many 3 piecers) and going to a good tailor, going the MTM on the higher end (will still need the good tailor) or going to one of the locale haberdasheries here in New Orleans for an amalgamation of all of the above ( They all carry Canali, Brioni, Kiton, Hickey Freeman, etc) but even with those brands vests seem few and far between.

My current suits consist of Indochino, KnotStandard, J Crew, and Suit Supply with Knot Standard being my favorite suit and my Suit Supply models close seconds. The one navy suit i have is J Crew but it is too small (I am between sizes in J Crew and 42R shoulders are two big, while 40r is just slightly to small) as it was my first "nice" suit a handful of years and pounds ago. my current choices are:

1) Kent Wang, J Hilburn, Articles of Style for a custom suit (1000-2000$)
    2) Get a Lazio from Suit Supply in the make your own section with a waistcoat and take the waist out .5 inch (sub 1000$)
    3) Go to local haberdashery (Jeff's, Rubenstein's, George Bass)
    4) Go MTM from KnotStandard on one of their high ends since i love my first suit i got from them.

I pointed my groomsmen to Combatant Gent, SuitSupply, Spier and Mackay, etc for some much cheaper yet nice options.

I am sure there are more options so please point them out to me and offer me your pros and cons on all of the above. Thanks for your time, Peeps.
Working...
X