Just A Hunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just A Hunk

A bit of shameless self-promotion here...

On Monday, April 30th, I'll be launching a new website called "Just A Hunk", a Burlington-VT based men's culture website, covering everything from men's style to music & film/tv, sports and fitness, automobiles, politics and of course, women.

While the focus will be somewhat localized, most of the style discussions will probably be more universal and might be of interest to some of you. The perspective will be a bit different than what you're used to on Dappered, landing somewhere in the middle of eccentric, contemporary street fashion and the style that Dappered focuses on.

If you're interested, follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/JustAHunk for more info about the launch. Thanks!

What is the URL going to be. I hate being forced to go through a secondary site.

Comment

It's hard to take a website called "Just A Hunk" seriously. It sounds like an amateur adult website.

Comment

It's a tongue-in-cheek reference to Dr. Steve Brule. The site doesn't take itself too seriously, which is something we pride ourselves on.

I'll post a direct URL when the site is launched.

Comment

Followed and liked! I can relate to the pressures of being labeled, marginalized, and objectified by woman as a "hunk" for them to enjoy.

Comment

Thank you Nicholas! And yes, I also understand the unending strain of objectification by the opposite sex. It's just the burden we must carry as unbelievably gorgeous men...

Comment

Nobody ever calls me a hunk.

I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3y9llDXuM&ob=av3e

Good luck on the site, sir!

Comment

Haven't heard that song in forever...flashback

Thank you! Within an hour of posting the announcement on Facebook, I had two local newspapers contact me about doing a story about the site, so it's off to a good start!

Comment

Just to wanted to thank all of my Dappered brethren who are now following "Just A Hunk" on Facebook. The response so far has been overwhelming & I hope you're having as much fun reading as I have!

Comment

Xubinghua 4-28 The coach factory is such a fast paced world that is constantly evolving and coach outlet store. With change we feel a louis vuitton of control over our coach outlet store and we start to see situations presenting themselves throughout the day that become stressful. louis vuitton</h1 is a characteristic of manytory burch boots daily lives, whether it be coach handbags brought on through work, through louis vuitton handbags to work or from your interactions throughout the day with other people. You can never predict when your bout of stress is coach factory to hit you, what is clear is that burberry is not a good thing for yourtory burch boots. Certainly if you want to live a happy and fulfilled life coach outlet shouldn't be apart of thatcoach store online. It is difficult to comprehend a enlightened Buddhist monk who just reach coach factory outlet being stressed. So if hermes handbags is largely a condition of our environment we live then there is certainly things that we can do to reduce or even eliminate the stress in our life by adjusting the way we experience within the burberry handbags. After all we may not be able to control our externallouis vuitton Sale but we do have coach outlet store online over thecoach outlet store online</h1 we react to it.Here are tory burch outlet simple tips that may help coach factory outlet onlinereduce your coach factory store online today. coach handbags every day. If you want to reduce the stress in your life find a way to give it an outlet physiologically. After all, if you think about the toll burberry outlet has on your body you would want to also increase your physical health so that your tory burch outlet tolerance is also improved. The added bonus of exercising is that it also releases chemicals to your hermes belts

discount coach Purses gives you a feeling of coach purses and happiness. Listen to louis vuitton shoes. This doesn't mean you listen to just any type ofhermes birkin. While you may be a rock and roll burberry outletwhen it comes time forburberry handbags relief you want to find soft soothing music. You want to calm thecoach purses outlet and release the louis vuitton outlet. A goodcoach factory of music is that of nature sounds, why not pick up a cd from your local store today. Consume coach purses outlet throughout the day. Your body is made up of roughly 90% water, drinking water daily is a good source lv bags?so coach outlet your<ahref="http://www.mycoachfactoryonlinesales.com/" title="www.coachfactory.com">www.coachfactory.com. Nutritionists suggest drinkintory burch

louis vuitton handbags of water a day for goocoach factory online. Not only is water good for you but it is also good for your body and therefore helpful to reduceburberry

coach purses. What you don't want to be coach outlet onlineis drinking hermes

coach factory throughout your

hermes. Take a nap louis vuitton outlet the afternoon. A sure sign of stress is when you are overworked and tired. A good habit to introduce into your daily routine is to take what some call a power louis vuitton shoes. This is a short coach purses outletmin nap sometime during the afternoon to recharge your batteries. Not only will you feel better and re-energized you will also feel less stressed. While not tory burch

coach factory outlet coupons to be in ahermes handbags to take a nap during the afternoon without their bosslouis vuitton at them with a frown, what you can do instead is to take a short brisk walk out of your normal coach outlet to take your mind off things. This might be to walk around the block or even around your office. Relax, it's not urgent. I know we feel that everything these days is urgent and time sensitive but remember the world is not going to fall apart because you didn't get a chance to reply to someone's email withincoach purses outlet mins. A fast way to give yourself unnecessary coach factory is creating urgency when there really isn't any coach factory outlet store to. So instead oflouis vuitton to emails throughout the day, why not instead set asidcoach purses outlet online daily to respond to them all at once. Instead ofcoach factory storeup the phone while your in the middle of doing something let it go to voice mail. Let you colleagues know when you aren't to be disturbed. You will find that most people will be louis vuitton bagsand understand. In return you get to feel more control over your daily routine and therefore feel less stressed.

Comment

This may be of interest to the shorter Dappered gentlemen--

http://justahunk.blogspot.com/2012/0...frame-vol.html

Comment

Great read. I look forward to the tall man post!

I'm also interested in what tips you'll post for heavy guys. We all have a lot of friends in that camp, and I'm often unsure what to suggest when asked about what would work best for them.

Comment

Thanks! A lot of my best friends are bigger dudes (they truly are more jolly) and I'm often the Laurel to their Hardy. While it would seem so, many of the things that work stylistically for short men also work for bigger guys. Mainly, it's because your main emphasis is in elongating the torso and drawing attention away from the midsection. I'll have this post, along with the tall gentlemen post, up over the next week or so.

Comment

Great article for shorter guys (I'm 5'5"). But as much as I agree with what you wrote, I'm not sure I totally buy all of it. For instance, I wear t-shirts quite a bit. I live in Texas, and there's no way I'm going to wear a long-sleeve shirt in the middle of 115┬║ heat. And sometimes I'm not too concerned with looking short as I am with being comfortable. So, a t-shirt and jeans or shorts is just fine.

But I do understand the importance of tailoring. My biggest problem is having multiple breaks on every single pair of pants I buy. I have a couple of exceptions, but those were happy accidents. I'm going to have to gather up my slacks and head down to the tailor soon.

Another thing that is so frustrating is the shirt-buying process. As you said, it's impossible to find the perfect fit from a department store shirt. Everything that fits perfectly in the body is too short in the arms and vice versa.

So overall, I'm glad you're bringing awareness to the plight of us shorties. Thanks!

Comment

Well - it's a suggestion. If you're going to wear short sleeves, consider the other guidelines like wearing solid colors or vertical stripes. But know that a lightweight long-sleeve shirt will be the best for lengthening lines. In the same way, a tall guy shouldn't wear pinstripes, but that doesn't mean *never* wear them. It's just something to consider.

Comment

Working...
                              X