Dress shoe sole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress shoe sole

So i have read the blogs out there that say dress should have low, leather soles so that they will last longer and you can resold them. I bought a pair of Cole haans and wore them to class for a speech. Well walking to class I had to walk thru gravel. Need less to say the bottoms are roughed up after one wear. Is it better to get the rubber bottoms sometimes? I just don't see how business men in big cities like new York and chicago have leather soled shoes that stand up to that type of environment.

I'm no shoe expert, but I have some better quality footwear options and having the leather roughed up a bit is nothing to worry about. I haven't seen your shoes, but I would say they most likely don't need resoling. When the sole is worn so much that your insole is visible is when you should start thinking about it.

Can you post a link to your shoe? Maybe some others could post about what they know about the quality of it.

Comment

Most of my (dress) shoes are leather soled, and Albert is correct. Having the soles a bit roughed up is a normal part of wearing the shoes; the same is true with a bit of creasing and inevitable scuffs. Conditioning/polishing can do wonders for those last two though.

Comment

Working...
      X