Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBarwick
    replied
    From a GMT to GMT standpoint, I find the Explorer II pulls off the GMT function better than the Seamaster GMT. I like the numbers on the bezel of the Ex2 instead of on the watch face. Comparing Seamaster to Submariner, it would be a tougher choice though I am a Crown Fanboi so I would go Sub.

Leave a comment:

• Me27
    replied
    I would go with the explorer II simply because I think it looks cooler. Both are very great, no wrong choice there, seems more like a personal preference thing to me. I am sure you could really go down the rabbit hole with this and get into the minutia of comparing every conceivable aspect of the watches. But at the end of the day I slightly prefer the look of the Explorer so I would rather look down and see that on my wrist.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    started a topic Rolex Explorer II or Omega Seamaster?

Rolex Explorer II or Omega Seamaster?

I know, I know. That's like asking Honda or Toyota, Ford or GM, etc. But anyway...

After seeing [MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] wearing his Seamaster, and [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] posting a helpful link about the watch, it started me thinking it might be time to invest in another time piece. [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] posted some great images of his Rolex Explorer II which also started me thinking about looking out for a Rolex. Trouble is, how do you decide between the two?

So why not post up a thread on Dappered and see what others think. Is this a superfluous discussion/thread? Totally.

Is it fun to virtual shop and chat about watches? Definitely.

So in the realm of a used Seamaster vs. a used Explorer II, does one watch come out on top? Or in the end does it all come down to personal preferences? If you already had a watch from one manufacturer in your collection, would you double up or expand and get something new?
Working...
X