No announcement yet.

Quality of Frye vs JCrew Kenton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This review on reddit seems overly harsh as if they were looking for issues to find with the boot. Especially on the GYW subreddit if the brand is not Carmina, Alden, Viberg, etc. they assume the shoe is garbage and not worth owning. I have never owned a pair of Fryes but I am considering a purchase, I own a pair of Wolverine 1ks that I am very happy with but Wolverine is consistently trashed on the GYW subreddit.

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
    I would also add that Fryes is adding a lot of indonesian/chinese made lines these days, and the quality of the components of these tend to be lower than the Mexican made ones. I think Fryes has been pushing these lower internal-cost shoes more for the faster-turn of the womens shoes market than the slower turns of mens shoes, but it's currently happening to both lines.

I would especially be on the lookout for these because they often still ask $250-350 for them. If the mexican fryes were ever even close to being some sort of ok deal, then these chinese/indonesian ones really are not.

If they just wanted a cheaped out line, with bad quality for low prices i wouldn't even care, that would be fine, but it's a bit of a step to keep the price high and demote the quality level considerably.

https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwel..._country_boot/

this is a good objective review of a fryes boot with quality issues

Comment

With the new lower price on he kentons and today's sale I ended up buying a pair. I already had a 75 dollar JCrew gift card left over from Christmas and have had no use for, so it ended up being around 50 bucks out of my pocket. I figured I couldn't get a better deal than that. Now I'm just hoping the 10.5 fits! They ran out of 11 as soon as I went to order both sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by hapablap View Post
        This review on reddit seems overly harsh as if they were looking for issues to find with the boot. Especially on the GYW subreddit if the brand is not Carmina, Alden, Viberg, etc. they assume the shoe is garbage and not worth owning. I have never owned a pair of Fryes but I am considering a purchase, I own a pair of Wolverine 1ks that I am very happy with but Wolverine is consistently trashed on the GYW subreddit.
        Yeah...its hard to claim its a good objective review when the first sentence is "Frye has no place in my heart or on my feet, I have returned every single pair of frye shoes that I have been gifted before this."

Originally posted by teethtime View Post
        With the new lower price on he kentons and today's sale I ended up buying a pair. I already had a 75 dollar JCrew gift card left over from Christmas and have had no use for, so it ended up being around 50 bucks out of my pocket. I figured I couldn't get a better deal than that. Now I'm just hoping the 10.5 fits! They ran out of 11 as soon as I went to order both sizes.
        Nice. I hope they work out for you. I don't have first hand experience with the JCrew boots but I did try them on in store and contemplated picking up a pair on a steep discount. With all of this talk about Frye boots the fact that the JCrew boots aren't half bad either got lost in the mix.

Comment

Working...
        X