Shorts color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorts color?

I realized all my shorts break some of the fundamental rules of grown up looking shorts: jorts and cargo.. I'm looking to get a pair or two better looking shorts for those days where it's over 100 degrees here. Is there a "dark denim" in the shorts world? In other words, a color that is considered a go to? If you were two get two pair for most versatility what color would you get?

I have mid gray and charcoal. I also have an almost-white stone gray but it picks up dirt/stains so easily it's not worth the hassle, so I replaced it with the charcoal one, which also hides wet spots better (when at the beach or pool).

If you have a warm complexion and/or brown hair, khaki and dark chocolate brown would be good options.

Comment

Navy and khaki colored. Fit would be more important. I like mine to hit above the knee by about 1", usually 9" inseam

Comment

I've got 7" navy and gray chino shorts from JCF, that's all I need

Comment

With shorts, I am more likely to go for something a bit less conservative. However, a dark blue chino shorts works best as a replacement for dark blue jeans.

Pretty much everything suggested here is good. It mostly depends on the shirts you're pairing then with.

Comment

Grey and navy for me. I love the linen cotton blend that old navy has and the Oxford cloth from target. I have a few patterns that I wear with solid ocbds and some solid that I wear with my summer pattern shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by ryn View Post
              With shorts, I am more likely to go for something a bit less conservative.

yes. i have a bunch of shorts in all kinds of wierd pastels and neat trad colors, and they're just great. shorts are casual so they should always be fun.

Comment

Grey and navy. Oxford cloth from target and cotton linen from old navy. That's basically it.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Are idvsego and pepito the same person???

Comment

I live in shorts weather 10 months out of the year so my needs may be more diverse than yours. That said, can I make a pitch for yellow/green/blue? They look much more summery and are pretty versatile when matched up with other clothes. Khaki/Grey are great go-tos for your first sets but colors are kinda great once you get into 7 days a week shorts weather.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                      Grey and navy for me. I love the linen cotton blend that old navy has and the Oxford cloth from target. I have a few patterns that I wear with solid ocbds and some solid that I wear with my summer pattern shirts.
                      Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                      Grey and navy. Oxford cloth from target and cotton linen from old navy. That's basically it.

Originally posted by julius12 View Post
                      Are idvsego and pepito the same person???
                      Ben

Comment

Ha. Nice

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                          yes. i have a bunch of shorts in all kinds of wierd pastels and neat trad colors, and they're just great. shorts are casual so they should always be fun.
                          This. Out of all of my shorts only 1 pair is a standard navy, the rest are a bit more out there. One of my favorites are a pair I snagged from bonobos a while back in "lobster" fit is great and color is a little different than what you see on most people during the summer.
                          [MENTION=14167]julius12[/MENTION] I just saw their two posts and immediately thought "twinsies or same person?!"

Comment

This time last year, I was in the same position as the OP, as I realized that all my shorts were cargos. For that reason, the previous summer, I'd pretty much got by without wearing shorts. Anyway, I picked up five pairs of chino shorts over the course of 2016. They are:

- khaki (JCF) [JCF calls it "British khaki" - it's a bit more saturated than some khakis]
                            - mid-blue (JCF) [this is my favorite pair but JCF doesn't have it this year. They replaced it with the lighter "chateau blue."]
                            - slate (bluish-gray) (JCF) [JCF still has this color - they call it "dark flannel"]
                            - pink (Target)
                            - orange (Target)

That should keep me going for a while, although I would like a pair of linen or linen-blend shorts at some point. I don't see any reason to be spend-y when shorts are concerned.

By the way, the JCFs are all the 9-inch lightweight gramercy shorts. I much prefer the feel of them to the broken-in shorts, plus if it's hot enough to wear shorts, it's probably hot enough that you'll want lightweight shorts. But I haven't tried the new oxford shorts, so perhaps they're good, too.
                            Last edited by srlclark; March 2, 2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              Lol. Great minds think alike.

Comment

Working...
                              X