No announcement yet.

The J Crew Killshots are back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh, maybe I like white better after all. I feel like casual sneakers have been plaguing me for a few years now. I want a pair, but I have trouble actually finding some that I like. Maybe I just need to stick to converse.

Comment

Joe listed a pair of Nikes a few days back when he went over the Killshots. The ones he listed have the black swoosh on the side and retro NIKE on the back of the shoe. I think they were listed for $80USD which doesn't seem too bad. Then again maybe I'm just getting too caught up in this retro sneaker thing and need to take a step back and chill for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
        Anyone know of anything similar but grey instead of white? I've been casually looking for some gray Jack Purcell's for awhile with no real luck, but honestly, I kind of dig the gum sole.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model...mens/grey/tan/

Comment

My killshots arrived yesterday but JCrew sent me the wrong size, and of course now that they're sold out I can't do an exchange. Welp.
          Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

FYI - I went to my local J.Crew today (Perimeter Mall, Atlanta) and they had plenty. Apparently a new order came into stores in recent days. I was not really caring about buying a pair, but in person they looked nice and multi-dimensional in terms of how to wear so I bought a pair in size 10. They had numerous sizes available.

Comment

I wish J.Crew would re-introduce the Macalister chukkas in snuff suede instead of a million different sneaker collabs. I would be falling all over myself to buy those.

Comment

Well thanks (I think) to [MENTION=7481]Starbreaker[/MENTION] I called J.Crew and ordered myself a pair of killshots. Nothing like being $80USD lighter in the wallet so I can keep up with the fashion police...

Seriously though I do think they are a nice looking so and I am looking forward to taking delivery of them. Thanks for the heads up/suggestion to give the store a call.

Comment

My pair arrived yesterday and I think I'll be sending them back. I know they're cheap shoes, but the leather quality is really awful. I got heavy creasing on the toe just from trying them on.

Comment

In the 5 minutes it took me to log into the J Crew site and decide what size Killshots I needed, it went from all sizes available to all sold out.....

Settled on a pair of BUSENITZ VULC SAMBA EDITION SHOES and couldn't be happier. Shoe quality seems great and it's virtually the same styling as the Nike shoe just be aware they do run small.

Comment

So my Killshots arrived a week or so ago and I tried them on/wore them around the house for a bit. I like the style of the shoe and will be keeping them.

But man, these are not (in my opinion) a high quality shoe. I agree with Joe's review on the main site that the shoe just feels cheap. The padding on the sole is not that great and overall, I must say for $80USD I am disappointed. I have no idea if the previous version was a cheeply built, but wow. It will be interesting to see what it is like wearing the shoe for a long period of time this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                        So my Killshots arrived a week or so ago and I tried them on/wore them around the house for a bit. I like the style of the shoe and will be keeping them.

But man, these are not (in my opinion) a high quality shoe. I agree with Joe's review on the main site that the shoe just feels cheap. The padding on the sole is not that great and overall, I must say for $80USD I am disappointed. I have no idea if the previous version was a cheeply built, but wow. It will be interesting to see what it is like wearing the shoe for a long period of time this summer.
                        Thanks for the honest review. I sometimes see people will keep something and convince themselves on certain aspects of it that may not be truthful in reality. It's refreshing getting candid honest feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

yeah, I appreciate that too. I will go hold them in the store but I am leaning away from these after some reports like this and also the game J crew is playing with manufactured scarcity. They have a couple of other shoes that are close and I am sure sales for those have gone up from people looking for killshots but settling for what they could find. I am probably going another way.

Comment

Working...
                          X