No announcement yet.

The J Crew Killshots are back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killshots were an incredibly hyped item in frugalmalefashion and malefashionadvice on Reddit. Not surprised they sold out so quickly as they sold out pretty quickly when word got out they were being discontinued. I jumped on the hype train and glad I did because they were all I wore during the summer.

Comment

i sneaked out of work for few mins to get this killshots.
      they only have one for each size, which is crazy.

Comment

Anytime the Reddit crowd gets news of something they like coming back on sale, it'll be gone very quickly.

Comment

Wow, sold out on release date. They are as popular as Nintendo switch console.

Comment

Not crazy about the big Nike check. I like to wear items with minimal branding on everything -I like the NB gumsoles more than the killshots

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
              Wow, sold out on release date. They are as popular as Nintendo switch console.
              I've had my eye out for a pair of Killshots for a while, so I jumped when they went out sale this morning. Can't say the same about the NES classic. Headed into month 5 of trying to find one...

Comment

Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                I've had my eye out for a pair of Killshots for a while, so I jumped when they went out sale this morning. Can't say the same about the NES classic. Headed into month 5 of trying to find one...
                NES pissed me off so much with the lack of supply that I no longer want one. If one falls into my lap, sure I'd buy it, but I'm not looking for it. I feel like they lost a ton of revenue and potential new fans of the classics.

Comment

I heard it wasn't the best execution either. Baffled at the entire thing. It's an emulator with some roms in a plastic box. Other "vintage" platforms have had options out for a while now

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                    NES pissed me off so much with the lack of supply that I no longer want one. If one falls into my lap, sure I'd buy it, but I'm not looking for it. I feel like they lost a ton of revenue and potential new fans of the classics.
                    Agreed. It is annoying. I don't buy for one second that the demand received was not the demand anticipated. But, that's Nintendo's prerogative. Hard to say if it was a good move on their part of not. New shipments still are selling out within hours. Can't really say if the hype would still be there if supply wasn't an issue.

Comment

Agreed. It is annoying. I don't buy for one second that the demand received was not the demand anticipated. But, that's Nintendo's prerogative. Hard to say if it was a good move on their part of not. New shipments still are selling out within hours. Can't really say if the hype would still be there if supply wasn't an issue.
                      I think you're right that Nintendo is doing this intentionally. Between the NES and the Switch, not nearly enough supply to satisfy demand, but when you tell someone that they can't have something often times it makes them want it more
                      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                        I think you're right that Nintendo is doing this intentionally. Between the NES and the Switch, not nearly enough supply to satisfy demand, but when you tell someone that they can't have something often times it makes them want it more
                        I agree with what you're saying, but if they missed a ton of revenue at Christmas right when it was first released. They won't get that initial build-up demand back ever, and I can't honestly think that they'd make it up over time. Plus, Nintendo isn't getting the absurd mark-ups on secondary sales... and it isn't like these things are going to get re-hashed hype via new games (like a newer console does), since it's just a set of games pre-installed. Just doesn't seem like a smart play, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                          I agree with what you're saying, but if they missed a ton of revenue at Christmas right when it was first released. They won't get that initial build-up demand back ever, and I can't honestly think that they'd make it up over time. Plus, Nintendo isn't getting the absurd mark-ups on secondary sales... and it isn't like these things are going to get re-hashed hype via new games (like a newer console does), since it's just a set of games pre-installed. Just doesn't seem like a smart play, IMO.
                          I don't disagree at all. When things like this happen though, I generally tend to believe that there's some market analyst somewhere who put a lot of thought and effort into this strategy and pitched the idea that releasing limited quantities would ultimately help the bottom line well enough to convince Nintendo management to go along. It's just, with the NES classic example, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how the the strategy was intended to benefit the bottom line.

Comment

I know the Nintendo Classic isn't quite the same but I feel like product scarcity/shortage on the release of new consoles is basically a given. I remember waiting and calling around to every retailer in town before being able to snipe an Xbox360 basically off the delivery truck at Costco. That was in late spring of '06, almost six months after the original release date.

Not saying it's smart or dumb, intentional or unintentional, just that it doesn't really surprise, or even bother, me when it happens.
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              I know the Nintendo Classic isn't quite the same but I feel like product scarcity/shortage on the release of new consoles is basically a given. I remember waiting and calling around to every retailer in town before being able to snipe an Xbox360 basically off the delivery truck at Costco. That was in late spring of '06, almost six months after the original release date.

Not saying it's smart or dumb, intentional or unintentional, just that it doesn't really surprise, or even bother, me when it happens.
                              Same. Scarcity at launch of a new console has basically become an industry norm that I just don't think twice about it anymore. That said, NES classic was definitely a screw up and from what I've been seeing with the Switch they don't seem to be taking scarcity as a serious problem. It's been sold out since pre-orders went up a while ago and reports are saying they plan to have the inventory to ship out 2 million units for all of March... that's not actually that much in terms of worldwide units.

Comment

I went into my local J Crew on my lunch and snagged a pair there.

Comment

Working...
                                X